Is it safe to jailbreak a 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch? If so how?

• Thread starter marinebiopink
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the safety of jailbreaking an iPod Touch 3.1.3 32gb and the various issues that have been reported, such as viruses and freezing. The conversation also touches on alternative options, such as using iOS4 instead of jailbreaking, and the need for new iTunes. The person asking the question ultimately decides to try using iOS4 instead.
marinebiopink
Is it safe to jailbreak a ipod touch 3.1.3 32gb? I heard it was leagal to jailbreak. I did some research and i have heard that the 32gb was not working, some say they got a virus and some say it froze up. I love my ipod so I don't want to get a virus. And if it's safe, what programs/software should I use.
thank you in advance =]

Technology news on Phys.org
marinebiopink said:
Is it safe to jailbreak a ipod touch 3.1.3 32gb? I heard it was leagal to jailbreak. I did some research and i have heard that the 32gb was not working, some say they got a virus and some say it froze up. I love my ipod so I don't want to get a virus. And if it's safe, what programs/software should I use.
thank you in advance =]

With iOS4, it pretty much offers everything that jailbreaking does. So I wouldn't even bother. I have an iPod Touch 32GB and I just run iOS4 instead of the jailbreak. Works great.

Thank you. i will try that =]

I tried it and it didnt work. When I tried it I recived an alert that I need the new itunes. Then when I tried to download the new itunes it gave me an err alert and told me my ipod is not acceptable. My ipod had been hooked up all along working fine. So I stopped the download and restarted my computer. What do I do now?

I cannot provide a definitive answer on whether it is safe to jailbreak a 3.1.3 32gb iPod touch. Jailbreaking involves modifying the device's operating system, which can potentially compromise its security and stability. There is always a risk of getting a virus or experiencing technical issues when jailbreaking a device.

That being said, jailbreaking is not illegal, but it does void the device's warranty. It is important to carefully consider the potential risks before proceeding with jailbreaking your iPod touch.

If you do decide to jailbreak your device, it is important to use reputable software and follow instructions carefully. It is also recommended to back up your device before attempting to jailbreak.

In terms of specific programs or software to use, it is best to do thorough research and read reviews from trusted sources before making a decision. It is also important to keep in mind that jailbreaking can potentially lead to compatibility issues with certain apps or updates in the future.

In summary, while jailbreaking may provide additional customization and features for your iPod touch, it also comes with potential risks. I encourage you to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make an informed decision based on your own research and understanding.

Related to Is it safe to jailbreak a 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch? If so how?

1. Is jailbreaking my 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch safe?

Jailbreaking your iPod touch can potentially compromise its security and stability. It also voids the warranty and may lead to software malfunctions or crashes. Therefore, it is not recommended by Apple.

2. What are the benefits of jailbreaking my 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch?

Jailbreaking allows you to customize your device and install apps and tweaks that are not available on the App Store. It also gives you access to file managers and system settings that are normally restricted.

3. Will jailbreaking my 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch cause any data loss?

Jailbreaking itself does not cause data loss, but there is always a risk of losing data during the process. It is important to back up your device before attempting to jailbreak it.

4. How do I jailbreak my 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch?

The process of jailbreaking may vary depending on your device and the jailbreak tool you choose to use. It is important to carefully follow the instructions provided by the tool and to make sure it is compatible with your device and iOS version.

5. Is it possible to undo the jailbreak on my 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch?

Yes, it is possible to remove the jailbreak from your device by restoring it to its original factory settings. However, this will also erase all data and settings, so it is important to back up your device before restoring it.