Is Jimmy P Returning to Gibraltar?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rock
In summary: Well, I wouldn't recommend a Facebook account to my worst enemy (simply killing him would be more merciful), but it would be great to have Jimmy show up here on PF again. His contributions have always been appreciated.In summary, Jimmyp is alive and well, and is working for an online game company. He is seeing a lady 10 years older than himself, and mentioned coming back on here. It would be nice to hear from him again.
Andy
Good news! Jimmyp is alive! Tracked him down to that rock in the med called gibraltar, apparently he is quite well, working for an online game company and seeing a lady about 10 years older than himself, mentioned coming back on here so hopefully he will pop in and say hello to you all.

Physics news on Phys.org

Good work, Andy! It would be very nice to hear from jimmyp.

Nice, though I don't know who's jimmyp, but sure feels nice to know about people who somehow you've contacted/shared views/interacted with... Which reminds me of kyleb *sigh*

Thanks Andy! So glad jimmyP is doing well.

jimmyp deserves a fishy welcome whenever he chooses to return..:smile:

That's good to hear, Andy. Jimmy was an amusing and sometimes irritating little fart, and I miss him.

Danger said:
Jimmy was an amusing and sometimes irritating little fart

I didn't know him, but this sounds like a characteristics of some of the best of the best of the best (Sir!, with honors...) PFers around.

Jimmy's a nice name.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Jimmy's a nice name.
I certainly understand your feelings on that issue, Hieronymus! :smile:

Borek said:
I didn't know him, but this sounds like a characteristics of some of the best of the best of the best (Sir!, with honors...) PFers around.

Damn straight. (And I hope that the "Sir" wasn't aimed at me; I'm "Sir" only to people that I don't like.)

Nah, it was a reference to Men in Black.

James Edwards: Maybe you already answered this, but, why exactly are we here?
Zed: [noticing a recruit raising his hand] Son?
Second Lieutenent Jake Jenson: Second Lieutenant, Jake Jenson. West Point. Graduate with honors. We're here because you are looking for the best of the best of the best, sir!
[throws Edwards a contemptible glance]
[Edwards laughs]
Zed: What's so funny, Edwards?
James Edwards: Boy, Captain America over here! "Best of the best of the best, sir!" "With honors." Yeah, he's just really excited and he has no clue why we're here.

I can't think about "Best of the best of the best" without "sir!".

Sorry 'bout that, Borek. I love that movie, and have seen it 3 or 4 times, but I'm not much for remembering dialogue. Even after reading your quote, I don't recall hearing it. :redface:

Me too, I've seen the movie 4 times or so, yet I still don't recall that dialogue... Sigh

Just before the test, with weak paper, breaking pencils ans squeaking table.

I think I'm going to see that movie again. :biggrin:

drizzle said:
I think I'm going to see that movie again. :biggrin:

Roger that. And to think, the last time that I watched it was about 4 months ago...

I'm not surprised you don't remember. It was just before he showed you his pen.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I'm not surprised you don't remember. It was just before he showed you his pen.

:smile:

No problems guys, there was a few rumours that he had moved back to england and that he had been charged with assaulting a barmaid (certainly didnt sound like him) and thankfully it wasnt him, taken a long time to track the bugger down but I am glad i did, going to try and talk him into coming back here and sorting out a facebook account aswell.

Andy said:
gonna try and talk him into coming back here and sorting out a facebook account aswell.

Well, I wouldn't recommend a Facebook account to my worst enemy (simply killing him would be more merciful), but it would be great to have Jimmy show up here on PF again. His contributions have always been appreciated.

Last edited:

FAQ: Is Jimmy P Returning to Gibraltar?

1. What is the significance of the rock in the med called Gibraltar?

The Rock in the Mediterranean Sea known as Gibraltar is a geological formation that has played a significant role in history, as it is strategically located at the entrance of the Mediterranean Sea and has been a key point for trade and military purposes.

2. How was the rock in the med called Gibraltar formed?

The Rock of Gibraltar is a limestone formation that was formed around 200 million years ago during the Jurassic period. It was created by the collision of the African and Eurasian tectonic plates, resulting in the uplift of the limestone rock.

3. Is the rock in the med called Gibraltar a natural or man-made structure?

The Rock of Gibraltar is a natural structure that has been modified by humans over time. The limestone rock itself is a natural formation, but it has been used by humans for various purposes, such as fortifications and mining.

4. What makes the rock in the med called Gibraltar unique?

The Rock of Gibraltar is unique for its location and geological formation. It is one of the only places where you can see the meeting point of two continents, Africa and Europe. The rock is also home to several unique plants and animals, including the Barbary macaque, the only wild monkey population in Europe.

5. What research has been done on the rock in the med called Gibraltar?

Scientists have conducted various studies and research on the Rock of Gibraltar, including geological surveys, archaeological excavations, and ecological surveys of the unique flora and fauna. Studies have also been done on the impact of human activities on the rock and its surrounding marine environment.