Is my relative motion analysis correct for this engineering problem?

In summary, relative motion analysis is a method used in science to analyze the motion of objects in relation to each other. It is commonly used to study celestial bodies, as well as in fields such as physics, engineering, and mechanics. The key principles of relative motion analysis include frames of reference, the universality of physical laws, and the use of vector quantities. Some real-world applications include navigation, aircraft control, and sports analysis. However, it has limitations such as assuming constant velocity and not accounting for external forces.
Precursor
Homework Statement
2sbriuo.jpg

The attempt at a solution

I used the concept of relative motion analysis for velocity:

VB = VA + VB/A
(4) = (-2) + ω(3)
ω = 2 rad/s (CCW)

Is this correct?

Physics news on Phys.org
I know this is actually an engineering problem but it uses fundamental physics concepts, so it shouldn't be beyond the scope of this forum.

So can anyone confirm my solution?

Related to Is my relative motion analysis correct for this engineering problem?

1. What is relative motion analysis?

Relative motion analysis is a method used to analyze the motion of objects in relation to each other. It involves observing the motion of one object from the perspective of another object that is in motion, and taking into account the velocity and direction of both objects.

2. How is relative motion analysis used in science?

In science, relative motion analysis is commonly used to study the motion of celestial bodies, such as planets and moons, in relation to each other. It is also used in fields such as physics, engineering, and mechanics to analyze the motion of objects in various systems and environments.

3. What are the key principles of relative motion analysis?

The key principles of relative motion analysis include the concept of frames of reference, which is the point of view from which motion is observed, and the idea that the laws of physics are the same in all frames of reference. Other principles include understanding the difference between relative and absolute motion, and the use of vector quantities to describe motion.

4. What are some real-world applications of relative motion analysis?

Relative motion analysis has many practical applications, such as in navigation and aircraft control systems, where the motion of the aircraft must be analyzed in relation to other objects in the air or on the ground. It is also used in the design and testing of vehicles and machines, as well as in sports analysis to study the motion of athletes.

5. What are the limitations of relative motion analysis?

While relative motion analysis is a useful tool in many scientific fields, it does have some limitations. It assumes that all objects are moving in a straight line at a constant velocity, which may not always be the case. It also does not take into account external forces, such as friction or air resistance, which can affect the motion of objects. Additionally, the accuracy of relative motion analysis can be affected by human error in measuring and recording data.