Is My Solution to Part B of the Math Question Correct?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Joe20
  • Start date
In summary, to verify a solution to a math question, you can substitute the solution into the original equation and solve for the variable. This is important because it ensures the solution is correct and helps catch any mistakes. There can be more than one solution to a math question, and if the verified solution does not match the original question, double check your work. Verifying solutions is necessary for all math problems, regardless of complexity.
Joe20
Hi, I have attached the question and the solutions to part a and b of this question. Would like someone to verify if I have done anything wrong especially with part b. Greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Attachments

• q2.png
    q2.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 60
Physics news on Phys.org
Your solution is correct. It could be simplified greatly by noting $S = 2\Bbb Z_{10}$. So, for instance, in proving closure under addition, you could the following: if $x, y\in S$, with $x = 2m$ and $y = 2n$, then $x + y = 2(m + n)\in S$.

Related to Is My Solution to Part B of the Math Question Correct?

1. How do you verify if a solution to a math question is correct?

To verify a solution to a math question, you can substitute the solution into the original equation and solve for the variable. If the solution makes the equation true, then it is a correct solution.

2. What is the importance of verifying solutions to math questions?

Verifying solutions is important because it ensures that the solution is correct and that the equation has been solved correctly. It also helps to catch any mistakes or errors in the solving process.

3. Can there be more than one solution to a math question?

Yes, there can be multiple solutions to a math question. Some equations may have infinite solutions, while others may have a finite number of solutions.

4. What should I do if the verified solution does not match the original question?

If the verified solution does not match the original question, it is likely that there was an error in the solving process. Double check your work and try solving the equation again.

5. Is verifying solutions only necessary for complex math problems?

No, verifying solutions is necessary for all math problems, regardless of their complexity. Even simple equations should be verified to ensure accuracy.