Is Speculation Allowed in the Scientific Community?

• Thread starter Zombierob
  • Start date
In summary, speculation is not generally allowed in the scientific community. Scientists rely on evidence-based research and data to support their theories and conclusions. However, some level of speculation may be necessary in the early stages of scientific inquiry to generate ideas and hypotheses. As research progresses and new evidence is gathered, speculation is gradually replaced by more solid and verifiable conclusions. Overall, while speculation can play a role in the scientific process, it is not considered a reliable or accepted method for drawing conclusions.
Zombierob
Greetings everyone,
I'm new to the site and i must say i feel relieved that I've found this community, as i have an idea which has been bugging my brain and am wondering if it has any scientific merit. I've never had any formal training in physics and my math isn't great, but i have a knack for conceptualization and data analysis, and a personal interest in physics which outstrips my current lack of understanding.
As the welcome email states, this is not the forum for positing questions, so i will find that forum and ask my questions there.
Hopefully i can find the answers that i seek.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Rob! Please review our guidelines on speculation. We are a mainstream education community.