Is the Calculated Inductance and Reactance Correct?

• Thread starter cseet
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for their two answers to be checked and confirmed. The answers are regarding an inductor's inductance and reactance at different frequencies. The summary ends with the confirmation that both answers are correct.
cseet
Dear all,

could someone pls check my 2 answers, if they're correct?

thanks

An inductor has a reactance of at 9.0E1 Hz. Answer the following questions:
All answers must have three significant digits unless otherwise specified.

(a)What is its inductance? (Unit: H)

answer:

X(L) = wL

L = 99 / (2 * (pie) * 90)

= 0.175H

(b) What is its reactance at 1.3E2 Hz? (Unit: ohm)

answer:

X(L) = wL
= (2 * pie * 1.3E2) (0.175)
= 143 ohm

thanks again
cseet

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you omit a number?

reactance of at 9.0E1 Hz.

Did you mean to say, "a reactance of ______ at 90 Hz"?

Sorry,
it's 99 ohm at 90Hz

thanks
cseet

Both of your answers look good to me.

Thanks ALOT Janitor!

FAQ: Is the Calculated Inductance and Reactance Correct?

What does it mean when someone asks "Could someone pls check my answer"?

When someone asks this question, it means that they have provided an answer to a question or problem and they are asking for someone else to review and confirm if it is correct or not.

Why do people ask for others to check their answers?

People may ask for others to check their answers because they want to make sure they have the correct solution and are not making any mistakes. It can also help them to better understand the problem or concept if someone else explains it to them.

Is it okay to ask someone to check my answer?

Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to ask someone to check your answer. In fact, it can be beneficial to have someone else review your work as they may catch any errors or provide helpful feedback.

How can I effectively ask someone to check my answer?

When asking someone to check your answer, it is important to be polite and specific. Clearly state what problem or question you are referring to and ask for specific feedback or confirmation. It is also helpful to provide your thought process or steps used to reach your answer.

What should I do if someone checks my answer and it is incorrect?

If someone checks your answer and it is incorrect, do not get discouraged. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes and ask for clarification on where you went wrong. This will help you to better understand the concept and improve your problem-solving skills.

Back