Is the Federer-Stopper Finally Here?

• Thread starter neutrino
  • Start date
In summary, the final was a terrific match. Nadal went out in straight sets, but Djokovic was amazing. Tsonga was also amazing. No one really wants Federer's demise, at least I don't want that to happen, and there's a lot of time for Federer to pass Sampras. But it's getting a bit too monotonous. All that remains to be seen is Federer win in Paris.
neutrino
Wow, what a match it was today! Nadal goes out in straight sets. You know, had this not happened, I would have wanted Djokovic to beat Federer and then beat Nadal in the finals (Hey, everyone has a right to dream!), but after today's match, I want Federer to be beaten in the finals.

Physics news on Phys.org
I still want to see Federer beat Sampras' 14 Grand Slams record. After that, we'll see. I don't wish for Federer's demise; he has by far the most elegant game, by virtue of his one-handed back-hand.

I'll stick my head out, and predict that Djokovic's going to beat Federer.
Tsonga was amazing. I never knew he was this good!

No one really wants Federer's demise, at least I don't want that to happen, and there's a lot of time for Federer to pass Sampras. But it's getting a bit too monotonous. All that remains to be seen is Federer win in Paris.

neutrino said:
No one really wants Federer's demise, at least I don't want that to happen, and there's a lot of time for Federer to pass Sampras. But it's getting a bit too monotonous. All that remains to be seen is Federer win in Paris.

Nadal's hand on Paris is too strong I'm afraid. He got out of a Championship point and won the match! The only way I see it happening is if Nadal gets injured and is incapable of competing.

Sampras>> Federer in his prime.

The competition Fed has to face is a complete joke compared to the competition during the reign of Sampras.

Djokovic is 2 sets up. I don't think even Rog can come back and win this now.

Still, it is a terrific match. Djokovic is playing out of his mind.

Now if only he can shorten that ball-bouncing routine before he serves...

Zz.

Yeah, terrific match. Federer has finally stepped it up. He should have taken those set points though ...

And it's over. Djokovic was amazing. Can't wait for the final!

Last edited:
The Djokeman won!

Zz.

This is too good to be true!

No.1 and 2 beaten in straight sets...what's next? Evidence for string theory?!

neutrino said:
No.1 and 2 beaten in straight sets...what's next? Evidence for string theory?!

Careful! You could get banned for claiming that!

:)

I am looking forward to the final. It it were Federer again, I probably wouldn't see it because it would almost be automatic. But now, there's a lot of unknown. Would Tsonga be overwhelmed by the occasion and not be able to maintain his unbelievable play this past week? Or will Djokovic have a letdown after beating Federer? I hope they both bring their A-game to the final.

Zz.

As I said in a previous post, a "David v Goliath" match (with David winning, of course. :biggrin:) would have been great to watch, but this final is even more refreshing.

The Djokester Wins!

And I think this will not be one of those one-grand-slam thing. He has the game, and the "tempestuousness" to be a champion. Now we have a 3-way rivalry between Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. It's going to be an interesting tennis season!

Zz.

Related to Is the Federer-Stopper Finally Here?

1. Is there a specific player who is considered the "Federer-Stopper"?

Yes, Rafael Nadal is often referred to as the "Federer-Stopper" because he has a winning record against Roger Federer and has beaten him in several important matches.

2. What makes a player a "Federer-Stopper"?

A player can be considered a "Federer-Stopper" if they have consistently beaten Roger Federer in important matches and have a winning record against him. This could be due to their playing style, mental fortitude, or ability to handle Federer's game.

3. Has anyone else been considered a "Federer-Stopper" besides Rafael Nadal?

Yes, Novak Djokovic has also been considered a "Federer-Stopper" due to his winning record against Federer and his ability to defeat him in big matches.

4. Has Roger Federer ever beaten the "Federer-Stopper" in a significant match?

Yes, Roger Federer has beaten both Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic in important matches, but they still maintain a winning record against him overall.

5. Is the idea of a "Federer-Stopper" just a myth?

While it may be subjective to label a player as a "Federer-Stopper," the fact remains that both Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic have consistently beaten Roger Federer in important matches and have a winning record against him. This suggests that there may be some truth to the idea of a "Federer-Stopper."

Back