Is the Higgs Mechanism responsible for the water climbing up walls?

• Thread starter Hymne
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about whether or not the space consists of anything and the role of the speed of light in electromagnetism. The topic of a rotating boil of water and its relation to Mach's principle is also brought up. The question of whether the Higgs mechanism is the answer to this is also discussed. The conversation ends with a mention of the possibility of the water claiming that the universe is rotating.
Hymne
The subject must have been mentioned before but I didnt find any thing so I thougt I better make a new thread.
The question is simple but I will also explain how I think so you guys can correct me where I wrong.
Does the space consists of any thing?
Yes I know that the speed of light is relative, but I don't mean in that way that its a medium for electromagnetism. My thoughts goes around a rotating boil of water, why does the water climb up the walls?
I know about the Higgsmechanism but is this reallt the answer to this question? If there wasn´t any Higgsmechanism would the water stay down from the walls?
The water should be able to claim that the universe is rotating.

Ps. sry for my english.

Physics news on Phys.org
What you are talking about is Mach's principle. It has strictly nothing to do with the Higgs mechanism. Google on Mach's principle, and you'll find a start on that discussion.

No, the Higgs Mechanism is not responsible for water climbing up walls. The Higgs Mechanism is a fundamental concept in particle physics that explains how particles acquire mass. It is not related to the physical phenomenon of water climbing up walls.

The reason water climbs up walls is due to a combination of surface tension and adhesive forces. Surface tension is the property of liquids that causes them to minimize their surface area, and adhesive forces are the attraction between the molecules of a liquid and the molecules of a solid surface.

In the case of water climbing up walls, the surface tension of water causes it to form a curved meniscus at the edge of the wall. This is due to the cohesive forces between water molecules. The adhesive forces between the water and the wall then pull the water up, creating the climb.

The concept of the universe rotating is not related to the behavior of water climbing up walls. The rotation of the universe is a different concept and does not affect the behavior of water on a small scale.

In summary, the Higgs Mechanism is not responsible for water climbing up walls. It is a completely different concept that explains the mass of particles. The behavior of water climbing up walls is due to surface tension and adhesive forces, not the rotation of the universe.

FAQ: Is the Higgs Mechanism responsible for the water climbing up walls?

1. What is the Higgs mechanism?

The Higgs mechanism is a theory in particle physics that explains how particles acquire mass. It proposes the existence of a field, called the Higgs field, which interacts with particles and gives them mass.

2. How does the Higgs mechanism work?

The Higgs mechanism works by particles interacting with the Higgs field and gaining mass through this interaction. The more strongly a particle interacts with the Higgs field, the more mass it will have.

3. What is the role of the Higgs boson in the Higgs mechanism?

The Higgs boson is the particle associated with the Higgs field. Its discovery in 2012 confirmed the existence of the Higgs field and provided evidence for the Higgs mechanism.

4. Is the Higgs mechanism proven?

While the Higgs mechanism is a well-established theory in physics, it is still being studied and tested through experiments. The discovery of the Higgs boson provided strong evidence for its existence, but further research is still being conducted.

5. How does the Higgs mechanism impact our understanding of the universe?

The Higgs mechanism is a crucial aspect of the Standard Model of particle physics, which is our current understanding of the fundamental building blocks of the universe. It helps explain the origin of mass and the behavior of particles, providing a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of nature.

Back