Is the Interaction of Two Particles in a Vacuum Scientific Fact or Sci-Fi?

• Thread starter Quixotic Larry
  • Start date
In summary, the interaction of two particles in a vacuum is a well-established scientific fact. It is a fundamental concept in the field of quantum mechanics, which has been extensively studied and validated through experiments and mathematical models. While it may seem like a topic more suited for science fiction, the reality is that this phenomenon has been observed and proven to be true through rigorous scientific methods. It is not a fictional concept, but rather a crucial aspect of our understanding of the physical world.
Quixotic Larry
How did you find PF?
I found PF through a series of Google searches while attempting to locate details and fact-check the actions of two particle in a vacuum.
I have no proofs or anyone to cite regarding this concept, Information about the location of source material along with proofs regarding any work about the hypothesis concerning ‘the interaction of two particles in a vacuum’ or to find some proof it is a SiFi fallacy. I hoped to glean some thoughts and assistance from a magnanimous individual willing to share patiently something with me to aid me in my quest for knowledge on the topic. I am unsure about where else to continue to look your suggestions are welcome. I do understand your protocols and would love to comply. It is challenging to ask a question in a place, tailored toward already having and giving answers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Quixotic Larry said:
fact-check the actions of two particle in a vacuum.
WHAT two particles? Electrons? Protons? Neutrons? Photons? Anti-particles? A combination of two of those?

Do you think that the result will be the same regardless of what particles we're talking about?

Quixotic Larry said:
How did you find PF?: I found PF through a series of Google searches while attempting to locate details and fact-check the actions of two particle in a vacuum.

It is challenging to ask a question in a place, tailored toward already having and giving answers.
The main challenge here is to do a little searching and reading on your own so that you can find mainstream scientific references about your question. About half of the time, you'll find that you can answer your own question using that technique. The other half of the time you will have questions about your reading, so it's totally appropriate to start a thread here in the appropriate technical forum with links to your reading and ask for help with the parts that you don't understand.

As you saw in your initial thread start in the technical forums, we need valid references to form the basis for a PF discussion. Thanks for your understanding. Learning to add search terms to Google searches is an important skill in finding information about subjects that you are interested in.

This Introduction thread is now closed. If you have further questions about PF, please feel free to send me a Private Message (PM) -- just click my avatar and "Start a conversation". :smile:

Back