Is the Nintendo Wii Worth the Hunt this Holiday Season?

• Thread starter Quaoar
  • Start date
In summary: Ihope you're kidding...I just bought a Nintend Wii on eBay for $1600. I get two games with it too.I just bought a Nintend Wii on eBay for $1600. I get two games with it too.In summary, Nintendo had originally said they'd have 4 million units in stores by Christmas. However, Target said that they won't be getting any more until AFTER Christmas. Kinda frustrated with the release, Nintendo had originally said they'd have 4 million units in stores by Christmas. I just called a Target and they told me that they won't be getting any more until AFTER Christmas. I hate this limited supply crap... :)
Quaoar
Kinda frustrated with the release...Nintendo had originally said they'd have 4 million units in stores by Christmas. I just called a Target and they told me that they won't be getting any more until AFTER Christmas. I hate this limited supply crap... :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Tell me about it, and imagine me who live in the Caribbean i'll probably have to wait til february.

I really like the commercial. :smile:

I still have my nintendo, with the gun and run pad.

nintendo_nes1.jpg

The Nintendo Wii is awesome :P

its got a sec or 2 delay in the motion, but it still rocks :D
i liked that fighting / Shooting game which i don't recall the name of. >.<

cyrusabdollahi said:

nintendo_nes1.jpg

Ooh, Donkey Kong! Now that's what I call a video game! :approve: :biggrin: (It's probably also the last video game I've played. :shy:)

Edit: Oh, wait, now I just made out the label on the left...Duck Hunt! I loved that game! I liked how the ducks turned into roasted ducks with a big band-aid when you shot them. :smile:

So, Nintendo Wii is a real game? I thought it was just something made up on that South Park episode. :smile:

Lol duck hunt was indeed awesome. Mario bros was the best though. Those were the days :frown:

I doubt there is going to be any shortage in Australia. Simply because there is a lot less people buying here. There were no problems with the Xbox 360 here either.

cyrusabdollahi said:

nintendo_nes1.jpg

so do I:rolleyes:

is this bad?

yomamma said:
so do I:rolleyes:

is this bad?

Nah, that's why we let you hang out with us old folks. :wink: :biggrin:

I just bought a Nintend Wii on eBay for $1600. I get two games with it too.

JasonRox said:

Jeezus, and you're complaining about being poor??

JasonRox said:

Would've been cheaper to goto Australia and buy it from there, we won't be having shortages.

JasonRox said:

I hope you're kidding...

JasonRox said:

What a waste of money, just waiting 2 months more you could buy the xbox360, ps3 and the wii with that money.

seriously, 1600 can get you a pretty darn good computer, with graphics cards and CPU way more powerful than the Wii... Anyway, If you are happy, its all worth it.

WE had a pizza party at work yesterday and someone brought their Wii. ($250.00) We set it up to project onto a wall size screen, it was awesome! The players were life size.

We had two controllers so we got to play in pairs. One girl was running toward the screen like she was in a real bowling alley. It was a lot of fun.

At least with this game you need to move around some.

That game controller is so hard to use. I was getting by butt kicked by a 15 year old...stupid kids.

awesome, friends of mine have broke 3 lampshades and a tv playing it but it is truly awesome. Zelda is once again the best game out there.

Evo said:
WE had a pizza party at work yesterday and someone brought their Wii. ($250.00) We set it up to project onto a wall size screen, it was awesome! The players were life size.

We had two controllers so we got to play in pairs. One girl was running toward the screen like she was in a real bowling alley. It was a lot of fun.

At least with this game you need to move around some.

Yeah it's the difference that makes it fun(slamming your arm into your mates foot by mistake etc) With computer games before the Wii you were stationary and it was all about your digits, now you have to use your whole arm, and it works better with your whole body so you can get a good shot in the bowling alley. ok it's not real bowling, but it's a really fun alternative. Tried it with a huge amount of pins? Now that's odd.

Related to Is the Nintendo Wii Worth the Hunt this Holiday Season?

1. Why is it so difficult to find a Nintendo Wii?

The Nintendo Wii has been discontinued by the manufacturer, so it is no longer being produced. This means that the remaining stock is limited and in high demand, causing it to be difficult to find.

2. Is it possible to find a new Nintendo Wii?

No, it is not possible to find a new Nintendo Wii as they are no longer being manufactured. However, you may be able to find a used one through online marketplaces or secondhand stores.

3. How can I increase my chances of finding a Nintendo Wii?

You can increase your chances of finding a Nintendo Wii by regularly checking online marketplaces, secondhand stores, and local classifieds. You can also set up alerts for when a Wii becomes available.

4. Are there any alternative options to the Nintendo Wii?

Yes, there are alternative options to the Nintendo Wii such as the Nintendo Switch, which has similar features and gameplay. Other options include the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

5. Will the Nintendo Wii ever be re-released?

It is unlikely that the Nintendo Wii will be re-released as it has been discontinued for several years. However, there is always a chance that the manufacturer may decide to re-release it in the future.