Is there an equivalent to ImageShack for pdfs?

• Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Equivalent
In summary, the conversation discusses the options for uploading and sharing PDF files online. Some suggested options include using Google Drive, Scribd, PDFcast, or filesharing sites such as iFile.it or Dropbox. Additionally, one user mentions the possibility of hiding files within JPG images, although it is unsure if this could cause any issues with uploading them to certain sites.
flyingpig
Okay I am wondering is there an equivalent to uploading pdfs online and just link it with the url like uploading images to imageshack?

Does anyone know if such thing exists?

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
The three first results from googling "upload pdf" are:

- "docs.google.com"[/URL]: which can store and view (and convert) pdfs and make them public (and other more refined sharing options).

- [PLAIN]"www.scribd.com"[/URL]: A solid, well known site.

- [PLAIN]"pdfcast.org"[/URL]: a new site, but it looks good.

Of course, as TheStatutoryApe said, you can use any filesharing site.
I use [URL]http://ifile.it/"[/URL] or my dropbox account when I need to share a general file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Is there an equivalent to ImageShack for pdfs?

What is ImageShack?

ImageShack is a popular online hosting service that allows users to upload, store, and share images and videos.

Is there a similar service to ImageShack for pdf files?

Yes, there are many online hosting services that support pdf files, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.

What are the benefits of using an online hosting service for pdf files?

Using an online hosting service for pdf files allows for easy sharing and collaboration with others, accessibility from any device with internet connection, and secure storage of important documents.

Are there any free alternatives to ImageShack for pdf files?

Yes, many online hosting services offer free storage for a certain amount of data, including pdf files. Some examples include Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.

Can I upload and store large pdf files on these hosting services?

Most hosting services have limits on the size of files that can be uploaded and stored. However, many offer options for purchasing additional storage space if needed.