Is there any book on experimental physics that can be read?

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of books on experimental physics and the difficulty in finding a suitable one for beginners. The suggested book provides an overview for those with some knowledge but not familiar with the subject.
Physicaa
Does such a thing exist ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand the question. There are tons of experimental-physics books available on the market. It's of course difficult to filter out what you want, if you don't tell us!

I mean books for someone who has no experience or very little with it. Like some sort of introduction ? Not sure if my question is clear !

OK - then also look at the other books suggested on that page.
At the beginner level, experimental work is taught alongside core physics: the two are strongly related. It is unusual to have a text just following one.
The book I pointed you to is more an overview for people knowledgeable but unfamiliar with the machinery.

Likes Physicaa

Related to Is there any book on experimental physics that can be read?

1. What is the best book for beginners in experimental physics?

The best book for beginners in experimental physics is "Introduction to Experimental Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick. This book covers the basic principles and techniques of experimental physics in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.

2. Can I learn experimental physics without a formal education in the subject?

Yes, there are many books on experimental physics that are written for non-experts and do not require a formal education in the subject. Some good options include "The Art of Experimental Physics" by Daryl W. Preston and Eric R. Dietz, and "Practical Physics: A Laboratory Companion" by Gordon L. Squires.

3. Are there any online resources for learning experimental physics?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning experimental physics. Some popular options include online courses on platforms like Coursera and edX, as well as video lectures and tutorials on YouTube.

4. How do I choose the right book for my level of understanding?

When choosing a book on experimental physics, it is important to consider your current level of understanding and the level of the book. Some books are designed for beginners and provide a thorough introduction to the subject, while others are more advanced and assume some prior knowledge. It is also helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from fellow scientists or professors.

5. Are there any books specifically focused on a certain aspect of experimental physics?

Yes, there are many books that focus on specific aspects of experimental physics, such as optics, mechanics, or thermodynamics. Some examples include "Experimental Physics: Modern Methods" by Alessandro Bettini, which focuses on modern experimental techniques, and "Experimentalphysik: Mechanik und Wärme" by Wolfgang Demtröder, which specifically covers mechanics and thermodynamics.