Is This Avatar a Picture of Your Daughter?

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary: Yes, that is my daughter and she is 16. She is very smart, all honors and AP classes. She's not into physics though. She is deciding between law & psychology right now. She's tops in forensic debate in the state, so law would be a natural for her, although she would do well in psychology.
Tom McCurdy said:
Thank you, i hoped people would enjoy it
My daughter enjoyed it. I haven't watched it yet because I have a hamster powered dial up connection. :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Im 17 and a senior with no car, no insurance, and no rush to get anywhere. I was too busy with schoolwork to get a permit at 16.

I see sophomores already driving around, wasting precious gas and not carpooling.

Depending on where you live in US/Canada, I don't think 16 year olds are allowed to car pool until after a certain amount of time. They are suppose to drive alone, with adults or immediate family members only. Evo may be able to tell you more since her state just changed laws. :confused:

People get their permits at age 15 now and licenses at age 16! And the way they drive, like you say, wastes gas needlessly. The manner in which I see High Schoolers drive, including constantly flooring their cars, doing spins is both wasteful and dangerous.

However, I do realize that ost of you know that I'm a fan of SUVs but I like them because SUVs are great vehicles and their faults are exaggerated.

A few of the more idiotic ones taunt me and call me a b*tch whenever I am running.

I always wonder why there aren't any cops patrolling High School areas. Just 15 minutes before and after the bell would ensure that High Schoolers would be more cautious drivers. I see tons of them breaking the law, and barely miss collisions. A half hour each day like that would make a big difference.

Instead of watching the High Schoolers, the police watch for adults speeding through school zones when the biggest potential for accidents are teenagers.

I usually ride my bike around town. I'm not in good enough shape to be running around town. :frown:

Im just waiting for the day they are put in jail for wreckless driving. Its extremely rude for them to be insulting strangers from the beds of their pickup trucks

It shouldn't be long until they get their license suspended. If the harassment gets to be too much, you could always file a complaint to the local authorities or talk to the school office (writing a polite letter to both). Some may think that's squealing and being jerky, when really, you're trying to keep people safe.

Where we live, her closest friends are at least 10-15 miles away from us.

Pffff...I can easily bike that distance. :wink:

Tom McCurdy said:
Thank you, i hoped people would enjoy it

Very funny, but how does not Santa friend not know what a Lave is? And why is his favourite work Lame? :biggrin:

Still Funny though. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

I like how they walk into Victoria's secret and become friends :-p very funny

haha yeah we thought that would be funny. We were hoping to get more footage, but as you might exspect we were having trouble with security.

you should watch some of the other films too
like Jesus vs Muhammad

Nexus's new CD just got done

if you don't know about nexus
its www.nexusjazz.com
there are great