Is This Forum Suitable for New Physics Students?

In summary, the conversation is about a student who is new to the forum and is currently studying college physics. They are struggling with understanding general and classical physics concepts and are wondering if the forum is mainly for experts to discuss ideas or for students to learn. The forum members assure the student that it is a place for everyone, including students, to ask questions and learn from each other.
Julio Cesar
Good Morning!

I just now signed up, although I've been lurking for a while now. I am just finishing up my first semester in college physics (non-calc based) and I truly enjoy learning about the dynamics of how this awesome universe works. However, and this is where my question comes in, I am having a very very difficult time grasping the concepts regarding general, classical physics.

Please let me know so that I don't waste anyone's time is this forum for the newbie that wishes to learn and grow as a physics student or mainly for smart peeps to bounce ideas and concepts off each other?

I'm pretty good at teaching myself through various online tutorials and resources that I have at my local community college.

Any input/comments would be great.

Thanks and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Cheers!

Physics news on Phys.org
Julio Cesar said:
Please let me know so that I don't waste anyone's time is this forum for the newbie that wishes to learn and grow as a physics student or mainly for smart peeps to bounce ideas and concepts off each other?
Welcome to PF!

Rest assured that this forum is for everyone. Helping students learn is one of our specialties. So feel free to ask your questions about anything you are learning.

(Be sure to read our Rules first! :wink:)

FAQ: Is This Forum Suitable for New Physics Students?

1. What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, motion, and their interactions. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the universe and how objects behave in the natural world.

2. Why is it important to study physics?

Physics helps us to understand the world around us and to make sense of the complex phenomena that we observe. It also provides the foundation for many other scientific fields and has practical applications in technology, engineering, and medicine.

3. What topics are covered in general physics?

General physics typically covers topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. It also includes mathematical concepts and problem-solving skills that are essential for understanding and applying these principles.

4. What skills are required to excel in physics?

To excel in physics, one needs a strong foundation in mathematics, critical thinking skills, and the ability to analyze and solve problems. It also requires curiosity, creativity, and a willingness to learn and experiment.

5. Can anyone learn physics?

Yes, anyone can learn physics with dedication and hard work. While some may have a natural aptitude for the subject, it is a skill that can be developed and improved upon with practice and perseverance.

Back