Is This Site Meant to Unite Physics Enthusiasts for Interaction?

In summary: The conversation is about giving out personal information and using the site to interact with other physics enthusiasts. In summary, the conversation warns against giving out personal information on the site and suggests using the Private Message feature to interact with others.
wonderkid
suggestion

i have a suggestion

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
no its all right, i would rather be private

not because of anything serious, just because i would rather not put anyone off

Last edited:
Please do not post your email address! If you wish to give wonderkid (or anyone else) your email address, do so privately.

What if someone does not have a MSN account, like me?

then it don't mater then does it

im sor for posting my email adress, cuould you ammend the post to say that it would be more usefull

Those who wish to make their IM addresses available for other members to contact them can already do so in their member profiles. If you click on someone's nickname next to their post, select "view public profile" and if they have listed an IM address, you can see it there.

Remember, we also have a Private Message feature here. It's not like IM, but if you want to talk to members and get to know them better on a more personal level than on the main forums, that's always an option. Just note that moderators can and will intervene if there are complaints that someone is abusing the PM feature, such as making unwanted "advances" on other members, or using unwelcome vulgar language, or spamming.

Always be cautious about giving out your email address on a forum like this. You have no control of who will see it and how they will use it (it's a really good way to attract lots of spammers). As DocAl suggested, if you want to contact people outside of PF, using the PM feature to exchange personal details gives you a bit of control of who is getting your address (still be careful...if you aren't sure about the person asking for it, you might want to wait and stick with PM until you're confident you can trust the person enough with your email or IM addresses).

Besides, "... to get all ppl intersted in physics together,interact among ourselves more...", isn't that what we are already doing here in PF?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Besides, "... to get all ppl intersted in physics together,interact among ourselves more...", isn't that what we are already doing here in PF?

Zz.

Is that what this site is for?

Related to Is This Site Meant to Unite Physics Enthusiasts for Interaction?

What is "Make a Change: Share Your Ideas"?

"Make a Change: Share Your Ideas" is a campaign aimed at encouraging individuals to share their creative and innovative ideas for making positive changes in their communities and the world.

Why is it important to share my ideas?

Sharing your ideas can lead to new solutions and perspectives that can bring about positive change. Your idea may inspire others to take action and make a difference.

Do I need to have a background in science to participate?

No, anyone can participate in "Make a Change: Share Your Ideas". We welcome ideas from individuals of all backgrounds and fields of study.

What happens to my idea after I share it?

All ideas will be reviewed and considered by a team of experts. If your idea is selected, we will work with you to develop a plan for implementing it. Even if your idea is not selected, it may still inspire others and contribute to the conversation about creating positive change.

How can I get involved in the "Make a Change: Share Your Ideas" campaign?

You can get involved by submitting your idea, sharing the campaign with others, and participating in discussions and events related to creating positive change. Follow us on social media for updates and opportunities to engage with us.