Is Tingling During Intimate Moments a Health Concern?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Virtuous
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Experience
In summary: Oral massages are not uncommon and it's important to be honest with your doctor about your sexual activities in order for them to provide the best care for your health. In summary, the individual received a special oral massage on their birthday and experienced tingling and sweating, which caused concerns due to their family history of cardiovascular issues and smoking. They were hesitant to discuss this with a doctor but were advised to do so for a stress ECG test and to quit smoking. They were reassured that doctors are familiar with such activities and urged to prioritize their health.
Virtuous
Warning: mature subject matter!

It was my birthday yesterday and I got a special unexpected gift. Kinda of embarrassing to ask a doctor especially if it's not something dire, so I though maybe I could ask you guys. I was given a special massage...orally...Which for me is extremely you know...*points up wards*

It was not my first time, and all the time I have had one, nothing ever out of the ordinary. Except this time my face started to tingle and sweat. It stop after I calmed down a bit, and even those it precluded to other activities, it seems like I was perfectly fine afterwords.

My wory is that I smoke and my circulation is par at best (well haven't tested it but have issues with it) with my family background of cardiovascular issues

I apologize for the subject manner, but I don't want to go to a doctor and have it being like intense arousal or something.

::edit::

I am currently 26 years old since yesterday...If this helps.

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
Virtuous said:
Warning: mature subject matter!

It was my birthday yesterday and I got a special unexpected gift. Kinda of embarrassing to ask a doctor especially if it's not something dire, so I though maybe I could ask you guys. I was given a special massage...orally...Which for me is extremely you know...*points up wards*

It was not my first time, and all the time I have had one, nothing ever out of the ordinary. Except this time my face started to tingle and sweat. It stop after I calmed down a bit, and even those it precluded to other activities, it seems like I was perfectly fine afterwords.

My wory is that I smoke and my circulation is par at best (well haven't tested it but have issues with it) with my family background of cardiovascular issues

I apologize for the subject manner, but I don't want to go to a doctor and have it being like intense arousal or something.

::edit::

I am currently 26 years old since yesterday...If this helps.

When was your last check-up? You should be comfortable enough with your doctor so that it's not "embarrasing" to talk to him/her about anything. It's your health, man, and you need to be honest with your health care providers so that they can help you the best possible. There are privacy laws in place (at least in the US, and I'd imagine many other places), so you don't need to worry about your doc talking to your friends about you or something.

I'd recommend seeing your doctor and asking for a stress ECG test on a treadmill. And finding a way to stop smoking would probably be a good thing as well.

Trust me, doctors have heard of BJ's before.

- Warren

I'm from Canada so yeah I should just get it checked out at a walk in clinic or something.I don't currently have a family doctor. If that were the case it would be easier to talk about those things. It's just with someone I never met...kinda odd to talk about sex. I guess I have no choice.

Thanks. just want an opinion to make sure I was being rational about it. I have anxiety disorders, so sometimes I can warp reality pretty good. :S

women often get a "flush" from orgasm. upper chest, ears, etc. get red.

I think this has been resolved, there's nothing wrong with talking to your doctor about a cardiovascular check-up, especially when you are a smoker with a family history of cardiovascular disease.

Related to Is Tingling During Intimate Moments a Health Concern?

1. What exactly is considered an "odd experience" in this context?

An "odd experience" in this context refers to any unusual or out of the ordinary event or situation that is encountered by a mature individual. This can range from paranormal encounters to unexpected and bizarre occurrences.

2. Is there any scientific explanation for these odd experiences?

As a scientist, I cannot definitively say whether there is a scientific explanation for all odd experiences. However, many odd experiences can be explained through psychological or physiological factors, such as hallucinations or misinterpretations of sensory information.

3. Can these odd experiences be dangerous?

It is difficult to determine if all odd experiences are dangerous, as it depends on the specific situation and individual. However, some odd experiences can be harmful if they cause distress or interfere with an individual's daily life. It is important to seek professional help if an odd experience is causing significant distress or disruption.

4. Are there any common patterns or themes among people who report odd experiences?

There is no one specific pattern or theme among people who report odd experiences. However, individuals who have experienced trauma or have certain mental health conditions may be more likely to report odd experiences. Additionally, beliefs and cultural backgrounds may also influence the type of odd experiences an individual reports.

5. Can odd experiences be studied scientifically?

Yes, odd experiences can be studied scientifically through various research methods such as surveys, experiments, and case studies. However, it is important to approach the study of odd experiences with caution and objectivity, as they can be influenced by personal beliefs and biases.