Is Tomorrowness a Key Element of Human Nature? Insights from Stanley A. Ellisen

• MHB
  • Thread starter mathdad
  • Start date
In summary: Yes, I read your PM when I received it, but I've been fairly busy with a large number of other things. :)
mathdad
1.The future is big business.

2. This tomorrowness feature of man was designed as an essential quality of his nature.

Stanley A. Ellisen

Physics news on Phys.org
Stanley A. Ellisen...2

1. If accurate fulfillments have characterized completed prophecies, we have reason to expect accuracy for those yet to be fulfilled.

2. Without proper preparation good intentions are fatal.

Stanley A. Ellisen...3

1. A cosmic tension is building up as world powers jockey for position and balance of power.

2. To discern where you're going, you need to know where you've been.

Stanley A. Ellisen...4

1. Human predictions are precarious at best. We can't see around the corner, let alone into the future.

2. Man's history suggests that unpredictability characterizes the human spirit.

For better forum organization, I have merged the 4 threads pertaining to Stanley A. Ellisen quotes into one thread. This way they can all be read/discussed in one place. :D

Stanley A. Ellisen

I believe that when the full data of biblical prophecy are properly and chronologically presented, they will by and large constitute their own defense.

Stanley A. Ellisen

Again, I've merged this latest Ellisen quote into this thread. Please post any such quotes from Ellisen in this thread in the future. Thanks! :)

MarkFL said:
Again, I've merged this latest Ellisen quote into this thread. Please post any such quotes from Ellisen in this thread in the future. Thanks! :)

Check your PM.

RTCNTC said:
Check your PM.

I get a popup notification whenever new PMs come in. I don't always have time to reply immediately, unless it is an emergency of course. :)

MarkFL said:
I get a popup notification whenever new PMs come in. I don't always have time to reply immediately, unless it is an emergency of course. :)

In the PM, I responded to your answers.

RTCNTC said:
In the PM, I responded to your answers.

Yes, I read your PM when I received it, but I've been fairly busy with a large number of other things. :)

Related to Is Tomorrowness a Key Element of Human Nature? Insights from Stanley A. Ellisen

1. Who is Stanley A. Ellisen?

Stanley A. Ellisen is a renowned scientist, physician, and author. He is a Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, as well as the Director of the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center. He is also the author of the book "Life and Death in Intensive Care" and has published numerous scientific papers.

2. What are some famous quotes by Stanley A. Ellisen?

Some famous quotes by Stanley A. Ellisen include:

- "The best way to predict the future is to create it."

- "Curiosity is the engine of achievement."

- "Medicine is not just about fixing problems, it's about creating opportunities."

3. In what fields of science does Stanley A. Ellisen specialize?

Stanley A. Ellisen specializes in the fields of oncology, hematology, and stem cell biology. He has conducted extensive research in these areas and has made significant contributions to the understanding of cancer and its treatment.

4. How has Stanley A. Ellisen's work impacted the field of medicine?

Stanley A. Ellisen's work has had a significant impact on the field of medicine. His research has led to a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms of cancer and has helped to develop new treatments for the disease. He has also been a mentor to many young scientists and physicians, inspiring them to pursue careers in medicine and research.

5. What is the significance of Stanley A. Ellisen's book "Life and Death in Intensive Care"?

Stanley A. Ellisen's book "Life and Death in Intensive Care" is a thought-provoking and insightful exploration of the ethical dilemmas and difficult decisions faced by healthcare professionals in the intensive care unit. It offers valuable insights for both medical professionals and the general public on the complexities of end-of-life care and the importance of empathy and communication in the medical field.