Java netbeans (Learning sites)

• Java
  • Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Java
In summary, there are many sites for learning Java netbeans, but for beginners, the Hello World tutorial provided on this site is a good place to start.
Raghav Gupta
Are there any sites for learning Java netbeans?
For beginners?

Technology news on Phys.org
Raghav Gupta said:
Are there any sites for learning Java netbeans?
For beginners?
Here is a good Hello World tutorial for getting started with Netbeans.

Thanks, but is there any other site explaining procedural programming. This site is explaining object oriented programming involving classes, voids etc. Like for example I have to create a sum application of two numbers in netbeans.
I go in the button source code, go beneath private void.
Code:
int a= Integer.parseInt(jTextField1.getText());
int b=Integer.parseInt(jTextField2.getText());
int c=a+b;
jTextField3.setText(""+c);

Are there any sites explaining these type of codings in netbeans, this was a basic one.
See for example this site , although it gives one code only
http://www.thetrozone.com/cbse-class-12-ip-informatics-practices-java-project-practical-assignment-how-check-if-number

Last edited by a moderator:
Netbeans is an IDE (Internet Development Environment) where you write Java code. IDEs are designed to assist with writing your code and aren't a language that you learn. The link that I provided shows how to set it up so that you can create Java applications.
Raghav Gupta said:
See for example this site , although it gives one code only
http://www.thetrozone.com/cbse-class-12-ip-informatics-practices-java-project-practical-assignment-how-check-if-number
Your example shows how to write the code for a button in a Java Swing application. It doesn't give the code for the rest of the application which appears to require payment. If you want to learn how to create a simple Java Swing application, I would suggest starting with the Java Swing tutorials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thanks this is only what I wanted swing application.
The site you have provided discusses only one code and explains all that controls.
If you can give links showing variety of programs it would be helpful.

I don't want details of swing components and different types of swing components.
But some programs made out from it or code for a button in Java swing application.
Like checking if a number is palindrome or making a simple calculator or rounding off the digits,
Password checker, or finding the sum of digits of a number etc by inputting in a text field
and getting result by clicking a button.

Borg said:
Try this site with full Swing examples.
Sorry for asking so much help but can you give a last one link involving basic Swing programs and basic swing components like button,label,text field,text area.
This is sure that I am wanting swing applications, thanks for interpreting it in 4th post.

Raghav Gupta said:
Sorry for asking so much help but can you give a last one link involving basic Swing programs and basic swing components like button,label,text field,text area.
This is sure that I am wanting swing applications, thanks for interpreting it in 4th post.
There are 19 Data Validation program examples in the link that I supplied. I don't know what more I can provide for you.

Borg said:
There are 19 Data Validation program examples in the link that I supplied. I don't know what more I can provide for you.
No problem. I think I am wanting some specific programs but for their code I would ask later in some another thread or figure out myself if I would have any query. It's better to practice then only reading.

Related to Java netbeans (Learning sites)

What is Java NetBeans?

Java NetBeans is a free, open-source integrated development environment (IDE) used for developing applications in the Java programming language. It offers a variety of tools and features to help with coding, debugging, and testing.

Is Java NetBeans difficult to learn?

Java NetBeans can be challenging for beginners, but with consistent practice and dedication, it can be mastered. There are also many online resources and tutorials available to help with learning the basics and advanced features of Java NetBeans.

Can I use Java NetBeans for web development?

Yes, Java NetBeans can be used for web development. It supports various web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and JavaServer Pages (JSP). It also has a built-in web server for testing and debugging web applications.

Is Java NetBeans available for all operating systems?

Yes, Java NetBeans is a cross-platform IDE and is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. It can also be used with various programming languages other than Java, such as C++, PHP, and HTML5.

Can I collaborate with others using Java NetBeans?

Yes, Java NetBeans has a collaborative feature that allows multiple developers to work on the same project simultaneously. It also has version control capabilities, making it easier to manage and merge changes made by different team members.