Labelling five-bus system power values

In summary, the conversation is about a person having trouble understanding the values on their Power Analysis diagrams, specifically active power, reactive power, and complex power. They are asking for someone to review their attachment and confirm if the values are correctly labeled. They also have questions about the accuracy of certain values and how to use a specific value when solving power flow problems using different methods. They are reminded to provide all necessary information and to follow homework guidelines when seeking help.
unseenmisfit
Posted without the homework template
I'm having trouble determining what the values are on my Power Analysis diagrams. I get confused with active power, reactive power, and complex power.
Can someone take a look at my attachment and tell me if I labeled the values correctly?
I'm mainly curious as to if my Sg3 value is correct and if I can calculate Qg3 in the way that I have.
And what does the 15kV, under the 800MVA, mean? How would I use that value when solving the power flow problem with Gauss-Seidel method, Newton-Ralphson method, or fast decouple method?
image.jpeg

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

unseenmisfit said:
I'm having trouble determining what the values are on my Power Analysis diagrams. I get confused with active power, reactive power, and complex power.
Can someone take a look at my attachment and tell me if I labeled the values correctly?
I'm mainly curious as to if my Sg3 value is correct and if I can calculate Qg3 in the way that I have.
And what does the 15kV, under the 800MVA, mean? How would I use that value when solving the power flow problem with Gauss-Seidel method, Newton-Ralphson method, or fast decouple method?View attachment 74357
How can people check your work when the picture you attached has only part of the problem? Also, see the homework guidelines (https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.686788/), especially 5 and 8.

Related to Labelling five-bus system power values

1. What is a five-bus system in power engineering?

A five-bus system in power engineering refers to a simplified model of a power system with five buses or nodes, each representing a different component of the system such as generators, loads, and transmission lines. It is commonly used for power flow analysis and system studies.

2. What is the purpose of labelling power values in a five-bus system?

The purpose of labelling power values in a five-bus system is to identify and track the flow of electrical power between the different buses. This helps in understanding the power flow patterns and identifying any potential issues or imbalances in the system.

3. How are power values labelled in a five-bus system?

Power values in a five-bus system are typically labelled using the bus numbering convention, where each bus is assigned a unique number starting from the reference bus (usually bus 1). The power values at each bus are then labelled accordingly, such as P1 and Q1 for active and reactive power at bus 1, P2 and Q2 for bus 2, and so on.

4. What information can be obtained from labelling power values in a five-bus system?

Labelling power values in a five-bus system provides information about the power flow, voltage levels, and system stability. By analyzing the power values at each bus, one can determine the power flow direction, identify any overloading or under-voltage conditions, and assess the stability of the system.

5. Are there any limitations to labelling power values in a five-bus system?

Yes, there are some limitations to labelling power values in a five-bus system. This simplified model may not accurately represent the complexities of a real-world power system, and therefore, the results obtained may not be entirely accurate. Additionally, the labelling convention may vary depending on the specific power system being analyzed.