Latent Heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4

In summary, the person is looking for information on the latent heat of 2, 2', 2" (Hexahydro-1,3,5-triazine-1,3,5-triyl)triethanol at P = 480 Psig, T = 150°F. They have been searching for it without success and are hoping for some help or direction. They mention being an intern at an engineering firm and not having much knowledge in chemistry. They have considered asking librarians for help and mention chemspider.com as a potential resource.
jaredogden
I'm hoping someone can help me find information on this, I've been searching to no avail for it. I need to know the latent heat of 2, 2', 2" (Hexahydro-1,3,5-triazine-1,3,5-triyl)triethanol CAS No. 4719-04-4 at P = 480 Psig, T = 150°F. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some info on this?

Thanks

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Have you asked librarians for help? They often know tricks that mere mortals do not.

I have not, I'm at work doing an internship at an Engineering firm and was asked to find the latent heat of vaporization of the molecule I listed. I know it's an alcohol but not much besides that since I am not too advanced in my Chemistry understanding. I'm not sure if there is some tables that Chemists/Chemical engineers use with such information for this, sort of like the tables us Mechanical Engineers use steam tables for. Thanks for your help though.

There are tables, but they don't necessarily cover everything. And librarians at science (read: university, or large firms with a huge R&D depts) libraries usually know how to look for these things using databases like Scifinder.

Have you tried chemspider.com?

for your question. The latent heat of a substance refers to the amount of energy required to change the state of the substance from a solid to a liquid, or from a liquid to a gas, without changing its temperature. The CAS No. 4719-04-4, also known as 2, 2', 2" (Hexahydro-1,3,5-triazine-1,3,5-triyl)triethanol, is a chemical compound that is used as a solvent and as a raw material in the production of other chemicals. I understand the importance of accurate and reliable data in research and experimentation.

To find information on the latent heat of this compound, I suggest consulting reputable sources such as scientific journals, databases, and textbooks. These sources often provide data on physical properties of chemicals, including their latent heat, at different temperatures and pressures. You can also contact the manufacturer of the compound for specific data on its latent heat at the given pressure and temperature.

Additionally, you can use thermodynamic equations and models to calculate the latent heat of a substance at a specific pressure and temperature. However, these calculations require accurate and comprehensive data on the compound's properties, which may be difficult to obtain for a lesser-known chemical like CAS No. 4719-04-4.

In conclusion, I recommend consulting reliable sources and utilizing thermodynamic calculations to obtain the latent heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4 at the given pressure and temperature. As a scientist, it is important to always use accurate and verified data in your research and experimentation. I hope this information helps you in your search.

Related to Latent Heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4

1. What is the definition of latent heat?

Latent heat is the amount of heat energy required to change the state of a substance without changing its temperature.

2. What is the CAS No. 4719-04-4 for?

CAS No. 4719-04-4 refers to a specific chemical compound, which is also known as 2-methyl-1-propanol or isobutyl alcohol. It is commonly used as a solvent or in the production of other chemicals.

3. What is the latent heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4?

The latent heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4 refers to the amount of heat energy required to change the state of this specific compound from a liquid to a gas, or from a solid to a liquid, without changing its temperature.

4. How is the latent heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4 measured?

The latent heat of a substance can be measured through experiments that involve changing the state of the substance and measuring the amount of heat energy required for the change to occur. This can be done using specialized equipment in a laboratory setting.

5. Why is understanding the latent heat of CAS No. 4719-04-4 important?

Understanding the latent heat of a substance is important for various scientific and practical applications. It can help in the design and development of processes involving this compound, such as in the production of other chemicals. It also plays a role in understanding the behavior of this compound in different environmental conditions.