Latest 2 significant world quakes

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary: What does it take to do something like this?In summary, the latest 2 events recorded by my system are the M 7.0 offshore Nicaragua / El Salvador and the M 6.6 from Tajikistan. The top event occurred on November 24, 2016 at 18:43:48 (UTC) with a location of 11.960°N 88.836°W and a depth of 10.3 km. The lower event occurred on November 25, 2016 at 14:24:29 (UTC) with a location of 39.238°N 74.047°E and a depth of 12.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
the latest 2 events recorded by my system

161124-25  UT M7.0 offshr Nicaragua 6.6 Tajikistan zhi.gif

The top event is the M 7.0 offshore Nicaragua / El Salvador

M 7.0 - 149km SSW of Puerto El Triunfo, El Salvador
Time 2016-11-24 18:43:48 (UTC)
Location 11.960°N 88.836°W
Depth 10.3 kmthe lower event is a M 6.6 from Tajikistan

M 6.6 - 49km ENE of Karakul, Tajikistan
Time 2016-11-25 14:24:29 (UTC)
Location 39.238°N 74.047°E
Depth 12.6 kmcheers
Dave

Likes 1oldman2 and Drakkith
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Dave, do you have a link to your equipment setup? What does it take to do something like this?

Likes davenn
Drakkith said:
Dave, do you have a link to your equipment setup? What does it take to do something like this?

Hey mate

yes indeed
http://www.sydneystormcity.com/g_phones.htm

It goes through the gear I use the various types of seismometers etc with a block diagram of the setup
There is also a section at the bottom of the page showing the setup I had in New Zealand prior to moving to Australia

You will see I make reference to Larry Cochrane's equip I bought. Larry is in Redwood City, Calif. a bit south of San Francisco
He is a genius at hardware and software development. I have been using his A to D system and software since he developed it in the early - mid 1990's
It has undergone many improvements since those early days. Have a look here for gear he has for sale ...

http://psn.quake.net/infoequip.htmlDave

Likes Drakkith

Related to Latest 2 significant world quakes

What are the most recent significant world quakes?

The two most recent significant world quakes occurred on October 30, 2020 in Turkey with a magnitude of 7.0, and on November 30, 2020 in Argentina with a magnitude of 6.3.

Where did the latest significant world quakes occur?

The latest significant world quakes occurred in Elazig, Turkey and San Juan, Argentina.

What were the magnitudes of the latest significant world quakes?

The latest significant world quakes had magnitudes of 7.0 in Turkey and 6.3 in Argentina.

Were there any reported casualties or damage from the latest significant world quakes?

As of now, there have been reports of 41 deaths and over 1,600 injuries in Turkey, and one death and several injuries in Argentina. There has also been significant damage to buildings and infrastructure in both regions.

Are there any potential aftershocks expected following the latest significant world quakes?

Yes, aftershocks are common after a significant earthquake and are expected to occur in the affected regions. It is important for people living in these areas to stay alert and follow safety precautions.