Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate

In summary, the Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate is \dagger or ^{\dagger}. To use it in equations, place it after the variable or matrix you want to denote as the Hermitian Conjugate. It can be used in subscripts and superscripts, and its size can be changed using the \left and \right commands. Some Latex editors have a shortcut for the symbol.
wam_mi
Hi there,

Does anyone know the Latex code for Hermitian conjugate (dagger) on TeXniccenter?

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
^\dag

[tex]H^\dag[/tex]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Latex code for Hermitian conjugate, also known as the dagger symbol, is \dagger or \herm. This symbol is typically used in mathematics and physics to represent the complex conjugate transpose of a matrix or vector. In Latex, it is commonly used in the following format: A^\dagger or A^\herm, where A is the matrix or vector. Hope this helps!

Related to Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate

1. What is the Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate?

The Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate is \dagger or ^{\dagger}.

2. How do I use the Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate in equations?

To use the Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate in equations, simply place it after the variable or matrix that you want to denote as the Hermitian Conjugate, e.g. A^{\dagger} or \psi^{\dagger}.

3. Can I use the Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate in subscripts or superscripts?

Yes, you can use the Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate in both subscripts and superscripts, for example A_{i}^{\dagger} or \psi_{n}^{\dagger}.

4. How do I change the size of the Hermitian Conjugate symbol?

The size of the Hermitian Conjugate symbol can be changed by using the \left and \right commands, e.g. \left(A\right)^{\dagger} or \left|\psi\right|^{\dagger}.

5. Is there a shortcut for the Latex code for Hermitian Conjugate?

Yes, some Latex editors have a shortcut for the Hermitian Conjugate symbol, usually by pressing Ctrl + D or Command + D on a Mac.