Latex Code to Create Math Matching Game - PhysicsForums

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter karush
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the conversation is about creating a cell phone version of a mathematical tool called MHB (Mathematics Help Boards). The speaker suggests advertising MHB by creating a cell phone version with the MHB logo and link. The other person responds by providing a sample output of a mathematical tool using the LaTeX code and suggests using buttons to select correct answers and display a message if incorrect. The conversation ends with a question about how to create a select button in LaTeX.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/8765

ok I am trying to find out what the latex code is to do this.
whether or not it could be used here I do not know
but trying to see if a cell phone version of it could be created.

I think MHB could be advertised a lot if students could get these on their cell phone with MHB link and logo on it

Just a thot
:cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, we can do for instance:
\begin{tikzpicture}[every node/.style={outer sep=1pt}]
%preamble \usepackage{amsmath,amssymb}
\usetikzlibrary{matrix}

\matrix (m) [matrix of math nodes,nodes in empty cells,
column 1/.style={nodes={anchor=east}},
column 2/.style={nodes={circle,draw}},
column 3/.style={nodes={circle,draw}},
column 4/.style={nodes={anchor=west}},
]{
(a+b)^2 &[2mm] &[1cm] &[2mm] \cos(2\theta)\\
(a-b)^2 & & & -\frac{1}{12}\\
\frac{n!}{k!(n-k)!} & & & 1\\
\cos^2\theta-\sin^2\theta & & & a^2+2ab+b^2\\
\cos^2\theta+\sin^2\theta & & & \binom{n}{k}\\
\sum_{n=1}^\infty n & & & a^2-2ab+b^2\\
};

\draw[blue,ultra thick]
(m-3-2) -- (m-5-3)
(m-6-2) -- (m-2-3)
;
\end{tikzpicture}

Click on it to see the latex code.

ok, but I think I know that much, that was just a sample output.

need to know how you code this so when 2 of the buttons selected are correct it will draw a line connecting them. if incorrect it will display message.

I've seen language matching apps but they are quite sloppy

how do you do a select button in latex

Related to Latex Code to Create Math Matching Game - PhysicsForums

What is Latex Code?

Latex is a typesetting language used for creating documents with complex mathematical equations and symbols. It is commonly used in the scientific community for writing research papers, reports, and presentations.

How do I use Latex Code to create a math matching game?

To create a math matching game using Latex Code, you will first need to familiarize yourself with the language and its syntax. Then, you can use various Latex packages and commands to create the game elements such as equations, symbols, and graphics. You can also use Latex templates or online tools to help you design and format your game.

What are the benefits of using Latex Code for a math matching game?

Using Latex Code for a math matching game allows you to create professional-looking and accurate equations and symbols. It also provides flexibility in formatting and customizing your game, and it is compatible with different operating systems and devices. Additionally, Latex Code is free and has a large community of users who can provide support and resources.

Can I incorporate other subjects besides physics in my Latex math matching game?

Yes, you can use Latex Code to create math matching games for various subjects such as chemistry, biology, and engineering. Latex has a wide range of packages and commands that cover different mathematical concepts and symbols, making it suitable for creating games in different fields of science and mathematics.

Do I need advanced coding skills to use Latex Code for a math matching game?

While having some coding experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to have advanced coding skills to use Latex Code for a math matching game. With some practice and resources, you can learn the basics of Latex and create a simple game. However, for more complex and advanced games, it may be beneficial to have a deeper understanding of the language.