LaTeX is not working for this code when I Preview

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter bugatti79
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses a potential issue with rendering equations using the codecogs website and MathJax extension. The solution is to refresh the page or preview the post as a reply to another thread before posting it.
bugatti79
Not sure how to rectify this. Any ideas?

It looks correct via the codecogs website (https://latex.codecogs.com/eqneditor/editor.php)

\begin{align}
(S \circ R)^{-1} & = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \left< z, x \right> \in S \circ R \right\} \\
& = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< y, z \right> \in S, \left< x, y \right> \in R \right\} \\
&= \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< z, y \right> \in S^{-1}, \left< y, x \right> \in R^{-1} \right\} \\
&= S^{-1} \circ R^{-1}
\end{align}

Physics news on Phys.org
1678361408364.png

Looks correct here too. What are your symptoms ?

$$
\begin{align}
(S \circ R)^{-1} & = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \left< z, x \right> \in S \circ R \right\} \\
& = \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< y, z \right> \in S, \left< x, y \right> \in R \right\} \\
&= \left\{ \left< z, x \right> : \exists y \in Y s.t. \left< z, y \right> \in S^{-1}, \left< y, x \right> \in R^{-1} \right\} \\
&= S^{-1} \circ R^{-1}
\end{align}$$

BvU said:
View attachment 323388

Looks correct here too. What are your symptoms ?

$$
\begin{align}
&= S^{-1} \circ R^{-1}
\end{align}$$
It does not render when I use the preview button. I have read a few threads on this. Seems to be a common problem unfortunately.

There is a known issue with preview: the rendering engine has to be started up first. So if that hasn't been done nothing is processed. A refresh usually does the trick, but be careful to have a spare copy at hand if you did a lot of CTRL-Z to pinpoint the problem.

##\ ##

Likes Greg Bernhardt and bugatti79
I think you have to refresh while in preview for the page to notice there's LaTeX and fire up the MathJax extension. It doesn't work in the new thread preview, so my advice there is to preview your post as a reply to another thread (there's a delete option in the menu at the bottom left of your post if you post by accident), then paste into your new thread when you're happy.

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to LaTeX is not working for this code when I Preview

Why is my LaTeX code not rendering in the preview?

There could be several reasons for this issue. Common causes include syntax errors, missing packages, or incorrect document class declarations. Double-check your code for any typos or missing elements.

How can I identify syntax errors in my LaTeX code?

Most LaTeX editors provide error logs or messages that can help you pinpoint syntax errors. Look for specific error messages that indicate the line number and type of error. Tools like Overleaf also offer real-time error checking.

Why are my LaTeX packages not being recognized?

This could be due to missing or outdated packages. Ensure you have all the necessary packages installed and updated. You can usually do this through your LaTeX distribution's package manager.

Why is my document class causing issues in LaTeX?

Using an incorrect or incompatible document class can cause rendering problems. Make sure you are using a valid document class that matches the requirements of your document. Common classes include article, report, and book.

How can I troubleshoot LaTeX rendering issues in Overleaf?

Overleaf provides a detailed error log that can help you troubleshoot rendering issues. Check the log for any errors or warnings, and consult the Overleaf documentation for specific troubleshooting steps. Additionally, ensure your browser is up to date, as outdated browsers can sometimes cause preview issues.