Learn How to Control Parallel and Serial Ports in MATLAB with Voice Commands

In summary, the conversation revolves around using voice control in MATLAB to control output through parallel or serial ports. The suggestion is to use a speech recognition library for MATLAB and to utilize MATLAB's built-in facilities to control the ports. The person expresses gratitude and mentions their plan to try the suggested solution and update on any progress.
the one5
Alssalam Alykom
hi every one

please I want to control output like parallel port or serial port by voice in MATLAB
the problem how use voice to control ?

thanks for ur help

Physics news on Phys.org

Welcome to PhysicsForums.

To do something like this, you'll probably have to have a microphone, and to make use of someone's speech recognition library for MATLAB (or something else, e.g. Dragon or MacSpeech or Windows 7's built-in speech recognition, and then just read in the text input):
http://www.google.ca/search?q=speech+recognition+matlab

And then you'll need to control your serial or parallel ports (although I'm not sure if parallel is well-supported) using MATLAB's built-in facilities:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f105659.html

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks sir ^_^

i will try and any news i will write it here

Related to Learn How to Control Parallel and Serial Ports in MATLAB with Voice Commands

1. What is the purpose of controlling parallel and serial ports with voice commands in MATLAB?

The purpose of controlling parallel and serial ports with voice commands in MATLAB is to provide a hands-free and efficient way to interact with external devices connected to the computer. This can be especially useful in situations where manual control is not feasible or when dealing with a large number of devices.

2. Can I use any microphone to control the ports in MATLAB?

Yes, you can use any microphone that is connected to your computer. However, for better accuracy and performance, it is recommended to use a high-quality microphone with noise cancellation capabilities.

3. Are there any specific requirements for the external devices that can be controlled with voice commands in MATLAB?

The external devices must be connected to the computer via parallel or serial ports and must be compatible with the commands and protocols used in MATLAB. It is also important to ensure that the devices are functioning properly and are not damaged.

4. How accurate are the voice commands in controlling the ports in MATLAB?

The accuracy of the voice commands depends on various factors such as the quality of the microphone, background noise, and the clarity of the spoken commands. With proper setup and clear voice commands, the accuracy can be high.

5. Can I customize the voice commands for controlling the ports in MATLAB?

Yes, you can customize the voice commands according to your specific needs. This can be done by modifying the code in MATLAB and assigning different keywords or phrases to specific actions for controlling the ports.