Light Intensity: A & B, Distance D, Minimal Point?

• MHB
  • Thread starter leprofece
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Intensity
In summary, the intensity of illumination at any point is directly proportional to the intensity of the light source and inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source. For two sources A and B at a distance D, the minimal intensity of lighting on the line joining them can be calculated using the formula I = kA + kB = k(A+B) where k is a constant and A and B are the intensities of the respective sources. This problem can be solved using the substitution B = kA, where k is a positive real number.
leprofece
the intensity of iturninacion at any point is proportional to Ia intensity of light source and varies inversely as the square of the distance from the source. if two sources, A and B intensities, are at a distance D, at what point on the line that joins them, thee intensity of
Lighting will be minimal?. (Note: Supongase that the intensity at any point is the sum of the intensities due to both bulbs)

The same thinking I = ksenf/d2
and sin (h/d)
and d2 = r2+h2

Physics news on Phys.org
This problem is just a generalization of your other light source problem. I would work this problem first, and then use the formula you derive to answer the other question. I would probably use the substitution:

\(\displaystyle B=kA\) where $0<k\in\mathbb{R}$

Related to Light Intensity: A & B, Distance D, Minimal Point?

1. What is light intensity?

Light intensity is the amount of light energy that is emitted or received by a surface or object. It is measured in units of watts per square meter (W/m²).

2. How is light intensity affected by distance?

The intensity of light decreases as distance from the source increases. This is due to the spreading out of light waves over a larger area, resulting in a lower concentration of light energy at a given point.

3. What is the difference between light intensity A and B?

Light intensity A and B refer to different levels of light intensity that are measured at different distances from a light source. Intensity A is measured at a closer distance, while intensity B is measured at a further distance.

4. What is the minimal point of light intensity?

The minimal point of light intensity is the distance at which the intensity of light is at its lowest. This occurs when the light source is placed at a certain distance from a surface, and beyond this distance, the intensity of light continues to decrease.

5. How does light intensity affect plant growth?

Light intensity is a crucial factor in plant growth, as it directly affects the rate of photosynthesis. Plants require a certain level of light intensity for optimal growth, and too little or too much light can have negative effects on their development.

Back