List of system of differiential equations in mathematica

In summary, the speaker is trying to solve a system of differential equations involving two variables and a parameter. They are using NDSolve to solve it and want to create a list of solutions with different initial conditions. However, when they try to use Table, they get an error message about the iterator not being in the correct form. They are seeking help to fix this issue.
kalish
Hello, I have a system of DE involving two variables depending on the parameter t. To solve it I need to specify x(0),y(0),x'(0),y'(0). I know how to solve it with NDSolve, (analytical solution doesn't work), and I want to make a list of different solutions with different initial conditions. I tried to use Table, but it refuses to compute and states :

"\!\(\*
StyleBox[\"Argument\", \"MT\"]\)\!\(\*
StyleBox[\" \", \"MT\"]\)\!\(\*
StyleBox[\"\"\", \"MT\"]\)(y^\[Prime]\[Prime])[t]-(0.1 x[t])/(10^3 \
(Power[<<2>>]+<<1>>))+(0.001 (x^\[Prime])[t])/(10^3 \
Sqrt[Power[<<2>>]+Power[<<2>>]])==0 at position 2 does not have the \
correct form for an iterator.

I just want to have thousands of solutions in one formula, how can I do that?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Without seeing your code it is very hard to be certain, but often the message "at position 2 does not have the correct form for an iterator" means that your

Table[StuffToCalculate,{i,1,20}]
or
Table[StuffToCalculate,{20}]
is either missing the {} or something similar to this.

If this doesn't give you the clue to find the problem then post your code in a nice readable form that someone could execute and someone can probably point out the problem in a moment.

Thank you very much, it worked! silly mistake.

Related to List of system of differiential equations in mathematica

1. What is a system of differential equations?

A system of differential equations is a set of equations that describe the relationships between multiple variables and their rates of change. These equations are used to model dynamic systems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and biology.

2. What is Mathematica?

Mathematica is a computational software program used for mathematical, scientific, and engineering calculations. It is also capable of symbolic computation, visualization, and programming, making it a useful tool for solving complex mathematical problems.

3. How can Mathematica be used to solve a system of differential equations?

Mathematica has built-in functions for solving systems of differential equations, such as DSolve and NDSolve. These functions use numerical methods to find approximate solutions to the equations, taking into account initial conditions and other parameters specified by the user.

4. Can Mathematica handle systems of differential equations with different numbers of variables?

Yes, Mathematica is capable of handling systems of differential equations with any number of variables. It can also solve equations with both dependent and independent variables, making it a versatile tool for a wide range of mathematical problems.

5. Are there any limitations to using Mathematica for solving systems of differential equations?

While Mathematica is a powerful tool for solving differential equations, it does have some limitations. It may not be able to find analytical solutions for some complex equations, and the accuracy of numerical solutions may depend on the chosen numerical method and step size. It is always important to verify the results and consider the limitations of the software when using it for mathematical modeling.