Lodge Logic Dutch Oven: Cooking for One Made Simple!

In summary, the Dutch oven is a good tool for cooking casserole meals in the oven. It is expensive, but it is a good investment.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://www.headcook.co.uk/lodge-logic-dutch-oven-1025-p-2069.html?source=webgains&siteid=7963

Is this a good one? it looks way to big for cooking for one, but if i cook a batch of chili may be it will last all week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I was thinking of something completely different when you said "Dutch oven." Thanks for the laugh.

It's pretty pricey, but that's the real deal for making casserole meals in the oven. Cast iron holds the heat well and a well-fitting concave lid directs condensate right back to the meal. If the lid for that Dutch oven fits a cast-iron skillet or frying pan (even if it doesn't cover the pouring spots of said frying pan) you have gotten extra versatility out of this combo. My wife and I have a Dutch oven with a 12" lid, a 12" skillet, and a 12" frying pan, and they are our most cherished cooking tools.

FredGarvin said:
I was thinking of something completely different when you said "Dutch oven." Thanks for the laugh.

Being funny by accident is not funny, unless the accident was funny but i did not have an accident i was being earnest, any way up, what other meaning can Duch oven have?
Head scratch.

Lodge makes a very good Dutch oven. I've had mine for well over 20 years, its seasoned to perfection. Yes, you should buy it.

hypatia said:
Lodge makes a very good Dutch oven. I've had mine for well over 20 years, its seasoned to perfection. Yes, you should buy it.

Turbo agrees so i will shop around and see if i can get the same one cheaper else where.

wolram said:
Being funny by accident is not funny, unless the accident was funny but i did not have an accident i was being earnest, any way up, what other meaning can Duch oven have?
Head scratch.

Its when you fart in bed and pull the covers over your girlfriend's head to bake the smell in :)

Related to Lodge Logic Dutch Oven: Cooking for One Made Simple!

1. What is a Lodge Logic Dutch Oven?

A Lodge Logic Dutch Oven is a type of cooking pot that is made of cast iron and has a tight-fitting lid. It is designed for slow-cooking and can be used on a stovetop, in the oven, or over a campfire.

2. What makes the Lodge Logic Dutch Oven different from other cooking pots?

The Lodge Logic Dutch Oven is made of cast iron, which allows for even heat distribution and retention. This makes it perfect for slow-cooking and creating flavorful dishes. It also has a tight-fitting lid, which helps to trap moisture and flavors inside the pot.

3. Can I use a Lodge Logic Dutch Oven for cooking for one person?

Yes, the Lodge Logic Dutch Oven is great for cooking for one person. It comes in various sizes, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs. It is also perfect for meal prepping and making large batches of food that can be portioned out for individual meals.

4. What kind of dishes can I make with a Lodge Logic Dutch Oven?

You can make a wide variety of dishes with a Lodge Logic Dutch Oven, including stews, soups, chili, casseroles, and even bread. It is also great for roasting meats and vegetables, and can be used for baking desserts.

5. How do I care for and clean my Lodge Logic Dutch Oven?

To care for your Lodge Logic Dutch Oven, it is important to season it before use and after each use. This involves coating the pot with oil and heating it in the oven to create a non-stick surface. After use, it can be cleaned with hot water and a stiff brush. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as this can damage the seasoning. Dry the pot thoroughly and coat it with a thin layer of oil before storing.