Mad at something? Here's where to put a website about it

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, Google is coming soon to an angry website near you (PC World) and any company that buys a domain from the Sunrise Premium category will be on the hook for $2,500 every year to keep the domain. But what happens if a company doesn't snap up an offending name like BurgerKing.sucks? Unclaimed names will become available for a consumer advocate subsidy beginning in September for just $10 a year. Companies and those associated with them are barred from purchasing .SUCKS names under the subsidy program.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Any company that buys a domain from the Sunrise Premium category will be on the hook for $2,500 every year to keep the domain. But what happens if a company doesn’t snap up an offending name like BurgerKing.sucks?

Unclaimed names will become available for a consumer advocate subsidy beginning in September for just $10 a year. Companies and those associated with them are barred from purchasing .SUCKS names under the subsidy program.
That sucks - as far as big companies are concerned. What a blatent shakedown. :rolleyes:

ICANN is really grabbing for money lately with all these unnecessary gTLDs

When I was choosing a domain name for my website a few months ago, I was amazed by the number of new gTLDs that were available. However, I haven't yet actually seen any sites that use anything but the traditional .com, .net, .org, .info, .edu, .gov, .mil, and the various national TLDs.

If I hadn't found a suitable traditional domain, I might have gone with .name.

I can think of a few people we've dealt with who probably would love to own physicsforums.sucks. :oldlaugh:

Hahaha! Google is sure to get one. For historical purposes it will be the place to find every Google changes to all of their products that everyone was against at one point in time, but were still forced down our throats.

Then at school, students will be given homeworks like: Write an essay on a change Google once made on one of their products and everyone was against it, but no one gave a damn on Google and it still got enforced. And on the sources students will put:

Google.sucks

I cannot see the need for it. Every forum on the internet is already a member (home for the trolls etc.).

FAQ: Mad at something? Here's where to put a website about it

1. What is the purpose of the website "Mad at something? Here's where to put a website about it"?

The purpose of this website is to provide a platform for individuals to express their frustrations and anger in a constructive and healthy way. It serves as a space for people to share their experiences, connect with others who may relate, and find resources to cope with their emotions.

2. How can this website help someone who is feeling angry or frustrated?

This website provides a safe and non-judgmental space for individuals to release their anger and frustrations. By sharing their thoughts and experiences, they may feel a sense of relief and validation. Additionally, the website offers resources such as coping strategies and support groups to help individuals manage their emotions in a healthy way.

3. Is the website only for people who are angry about a specific issue?

No, the website is open to anyone who is feeling angry or frustrated about any topic. Whether it's a personal issue, societal problem, or anything in between, individuals are welcome to share their thoughts and connect with others who may understand their feelings.

4. Are there any guidelines for posting on the website?

Yes, the website has a set of community guidelines to ensure a safe and respectful space for all users. These guidelines prohibit hate speech, personal attacks, and any form of discrimination. Users are encouraged to share their thoughts and experiences in a respectful and constructive manner.

5. How can someone contribute to the website?

There are various ways to contribute to the website. Users can share their own experiences and thoughts, engage with others by commenting on their posts, or suggest resources that have helped them cope with their anger. Additionally, individuals can also volunteer to moderate the website and help maintain a positive community for all users.