Magnetic Force of a Right Triangle influenced by a Line

In summary, the conversation discusses how to calculate the magnetic force of a "Right Triangle" influenced by a line, with a non-constant magnetic field. The equations B=u0*I/2piR and F=iLB are mentioned, and the possible use of the middle point of the two sides to represent the whole line is considered. The need to set up an integral is also noted to calculate the two other sides' magnetic field.
g85108

Homework Statement

http://www.sumoware.com/images/temp/xzlknterambqmokp.png

How to calculate the Magnetic Force of THE "Right Triangle" influenced by a Line
when the magnetic field isn't constant B=u0*I/2piR?

Homework Equations

B=u0*I/2piR
F=iLB

The Attempt at a Solution

I can use F=iLB to calculate the bottom line.
But how to calculate the two other sides magnetic field.
How to integral the magnetic field?
Is it possible to use the middle point of the two sides to represent the whole line?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
F=∫IXB dL

Consider you can compute the integral once you figure out how to connect the two variables R and L

g85108 said:
Is it possible to use the middle point of the two sides to represent the whole line?

That would work only if the magnetic field varied linearly with distance from the wire at the bottom, e.g. B = kr. I think you need to set up an integral, as throneoo noted.

Related to Magnetic Force of a Right Triangle influenced by a Line

1. What is the magnetic force of a right triangle influenced by a line?

The magnetic force of a right triangle influenced by a line is the force exerted on the triangle due to the presence of a magnetic field caused by a current-carrying line.

2. How is the magnetic force calculated for a right triangle influenced by a line?

The magnetic force is calculated using the formula F = ILBsinθ, where I is the current in the line, L is the length of the line, B is the magnetic field strength, and θ is the angle between the line and the hypotenuse of the triangle.

3. What factors affect the magnetic force on a right triangle influenced by a line?

The magnetic force is affected by the strength of the current in the line, the length of the line, and the strength of the magnetic field. The angle between the line and the hypotenuse of the triangle also plays a role in determining the force.

4. How does the angle between the line and the hypotenuse impact the magnetic force on a right triangle?

The angle between the line and the hypotenuse, or θ, affects the magnetic force by changing the component of the magnetic field that is perpendicular to the line. The larger the angle, the smaller the perpendicular component and therefore the smaller the magnetic force.

5. What are some real-life applications of the magnetic force on a right triangle influenced by a line?

The magnetic force on a right triangle influenced by a line has many practical applications, including in electric motors, generators, and transformers. It is also used in various medical imaging technologies such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and in particle accelerators for scientific research.