Making the Switch: Monetizing Physics Knowledge as a Programmer

In summary, the speaker is a programmer who wants to return to their love for physics and make money from it. They are considering creating Udemy courses or a YouTube channel, as well as using their programming skills in a lab or company. They may need to become proficient in Matlab and convert it to other programming languages for production level code.
Kamal Reddy
Hi everyone,

I am a programmer. Been doing web development post my Bachelors. Physics was my favourite while growing up and even during my bachelor days. I want to return to it. How can I give up my programming career and make some bucks with Physics. I have been thinking of a couple of ways but please put in your ideas also.
1. Planning to create a couple of Udemy physics courses. I have a nice perspective of fundamental physics and I think I can put the concepts in an interesting way. So, I think turning into an instructor and creating a paid udemy course might work.
2. Create a youtube channel and make some nice physics videos which can go viral. I need to figure out how to actually do that.

What are your ideas on this, guys??

Physics news on Phys.org
You could get a job at a lab or company where you get to interact with a lot of physicists using your programming skills to do simulations.

You'll probably have to master Matlab and help do conversions of Matlab to C/C++ or Java for production level code.

Related to Making the Switch: Monetizing Physics Knowledge as a Programmer

1. What is "Survive Myself with Physics"?

"Survive Myself with Physics" is a concept that refers to using principles of physics to understand and navigate the world around us in order to improve our own survival and well-being.

2. Is "Survive Myself with Physics" a new concept?

No, the idea of using physics to improve our survival has been around for centuries. Ancient cultures used physics principles to build shelters and create tools for hunting and farming.

3. How can physics help us survive?

Physics can help us understand the laws and forces of nature, allowing us to predict and prepare for potential dangers such as natural disasters. It also helps us develop technology and tools that can improve our quality of life and increase our chances of survival.

4. Do I need to be a scientist to use "Survive Myself with Physics"?

No, anyone can use the principles of physics in their daily lives. It doesn't require a detailed understanding of complex equations, but rather a basic understanding of how physical forces work and how they can affect our environment.

5. Can "Survive Myself with Physics" be applied to personal situations?

Yes, absolutely. Understanding physics can help us make better decisions in our daily lives, such as how to properly lift heavy objects, how to drive safely, and how to stay safe during extreme weather conditions.