Manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa

In summary, the conversation is about a request for a manual for a specific optical spectrum analyzer and a question about the procedure for calibrating the wavelength. The person also provides a link to the manuals for this product.
simazPHYS
Hello, I have got a HP 70950 Optical Spectrum Analyser, embedded into a HP 71450A mainframe. Can anyone supply a copy of this manual to me? If not, does anyone know the procedure to calibrate the wavelength, which is now 1.1nm shifted in the 1.3um region. I can use the offset command, but anytime I turn off the instrument, the offset is resetted, so I need the proper calibration procedure. Thanks
Simone
Please send manual to me (<< e-mail address deleted by berkeman >>), or post it here as link

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
simazPHYS said:
Hello, I have got a HP 70950 Optical Spectrum Analyser, embedded into a HP 71450A mainframe. Can anyone supply a copy of this manual to me? If not, does anyone know the procedure to calibrate the wavelength, which is now 1.1nm shifted in the 1.3um region. I can use the offset command, but anytime I turn off the instrument, the offset is resetted, so I need the proper calibration procedure. Thanks
Simone
Please send manual to me (<< e-mail address deleted by berkeman >>), or post it here as link

I searched at the Agilent website (HP no longer makes test equipment -- Agilent has their product lines now). Here's a page with the manuals for this obsolete product:

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/product.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&nid=-536900195.536900442&pageMode=PL

I would first recommend reaching out to the manufacturer, HP, for a copy of the manual. They may be able to provide it to you or direct you to where you can find it. Additionally, I would suggest checking online resources such as scientific forums or databases for the manual or calibration procedure. If these options are not available, you can try reaching out to other scientists or researchers who may have experience with this instrument and can provide guidance on the calibration procedure. It is important to follow a proper calibration procedure to ensure accurate and reliable results from the instrument.

FAQ: Manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa

1. What is a manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa?

A manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa is a set of instructions and procedures that are used to adjust and fine-tune the settings of the instrument to ensure accurate and precise measurements.

2. Why is a manual or calibration method important for HP 70950A osa?

A manual or calibration method is important for HP 70950A osa because it helps to maintain the accuracy and reliability of the instrument, ensuring that measurements are consistent and repeatable. It also helps to detect and correct any errors or drift that may occur over time.

3. How often should I perform a manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa?

The frequency of performing a manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa depends on the usage and environmental conditions of the instrument. In general, it is recommended to perform calibration at least once a year or whenever there are significant changes in the instrument's performance.

4. Can I perform a manual or calibration method on my own?

While it is possible to perform a manual or calibration method on your own, it is recommended to have a trained professional or the manufacturer's service team perform the procedure. This ensures that the instrument is properly calibrated and avoids any potential errors.

5. Are there any tips for a successful manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa?

Some tips for a successful manual or calibration method for HP 70950A osa include following the instructions carefully, using the correct equipment and standards, ensuring a stable and controlled environment, and documenting the results for future reference.

Back