Master Wavelength and Frequency Problems | Get Homework Help by 10pm Tonight!

• Thread starter chrish
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary: For the third question, you need to use the formula provided in the photo. Since you are given all the necessary values, you can simply plug them in and solve for the tension in the string. Remember to keep your units consistent throughout the calculation (i.e. convert all measurements to the same unit). In summary, the conversation is about understanding and solving problems involving wavelength and frequency. The first two questions involve finding the wavelength of light given its frequency and the speed of light. The third question involves using a formula to determine the tension in a string to produce a specific wavelength for a given frequency.
chrish
hey guys idk how you know all this stuff, and id appreciate if you helped me. i have to do wavelength and and frequency problems and i don't really understand how to do it the way my teacher taught it, so here they are and thanks for helping me.

1.The frequency of yellow light is 5.5 1014 Hz. Find the wavelength of yellow light. The speed of light is 300 000 km/s.

2.AM radio signals are broadcast at frequencies between 570 kHz and 1580 kHz (kilohertz) and travel 3.0 108 m/s.

(a) What is the range of wavelengths for these signals? (Enter the wavelengths from shortest to longest.)
____m to ______ m
(b) FM frequencies range between 88 MHz and 108 MHz (megahertz) and travel at the same speed. What is the range of FM wavelengths?
______ m to _____ m

3.The velocity of a wave on a string depends on how hard the string is stretched, and on the mass per unit length of the string. If FT is the tension in the string, and µ is the mass/unit length, then the velocity, v, can be determined.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b...o5/physicsq.gif
heres a pic of the formula i have to use

A piece of string 5.30 m long has a mass of 17.0 g. What must the tension in the string be to make the wavelength of a 120 Hz wave 120.0 cm?

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This query looks amazingly similar to another post you recently made. :rolleyes:
For the first two questions, I would first start by looking up the relationship between wavelength, frequency and speed of light in your text.
You should find the relationship is a simple linear equation; with a constant equal to the product of two variables. See if you can determine your answers using that equation.

I am here to help you understand and solve these wavelength and frequency problems. Let's start with the first question about the wavelength of yellow light. The wavelength of a wave can be calculated using the formula: wavelength = speed of light / frequency. In this case, the frequency of yellow light is given as 5.5 x 10^14 Hz and the speed of light is 300,000 km/s. We need to convert the speed of light to meters per second (since the frequency is in hertz, which is per second). So, 300,000 km/s = 300,000,000 m/s. Plugging these values into the formula, we get: wavelength = (300,000,000 m/s) / (5.5 x 10^14 Hz) = 5.45 x 10^-7 m. This is the wavelength of yellow light in meters.

Moving on to the second question, we need to find the range of wavelengths for AM radio signals and FM frequencies. To do this, we can use the same formula as before, but we need to use the given frequency ranges for each. For AM radio signals, the frequency range is 570 kHz to 1580 kHz. We need to convert these frequencies to hertz, so 570 kHz = 570,000 Hz and 1580 kHz = 1,580,000 Hz. Plugging these values into the formula, we get: wavelength = (300,000,000 m/s) / (570,000 Hz) = 526.32 m (shortest wavelength) and wavelength = (300,000,000 m/s) / (1,580,000 Hz) = 189.87 m (longest wavelength). So, the range of wavelengths for AM radio signals is 189.87 m to 526.32 m. Similarly, for FM frequencies, we have a range of 88 MHz to 108 MHz. Converting these frequencies to hertz, we get 88 MHz = 88,000,000 Hz and 108 MHz = 108,000,000 Hz. Plugging these values into the formula, we get: wavelength = (300,000,000 m/s) / (88,000,000 Hz) = 3.41 m (shortest wavelength) and wavelength = (300,000,000 m/s) / (108,000,000 Hz)

Related to Master Wavelength and Frequency Problems | Get Homework Help by 10pm Tonight!

1. What is the purpose of "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight"?

The purpose of "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight" is to request assistance with completing a homework assignment that is due by 10pm on the same day.

2. Can anyone provide "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight"?

Yes, anyone who has the necessary knowledge and skills to assist with the specific homework assignment can provide "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight".

3. How can I get "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight"?

You can get "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight" by posting a request on online platforms such as forums, social media, or tutoring websites. You can also reach out to friends, classmates, or teachers for assistance.

4. Is it ethical to ask for "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight"?

It depends on the specific circumstances. If the homework assignment is meant to be completed individually and the request for help goes against the academic integrity policy of the institution, then it would not be ethical. However, if the assignment allows for collaboration or seeking help, then it would be ethical to ask for "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight".

5. How can I ensure that "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight" is of good quality?

To ensure good quality "Homework help needed by 10pm tonight", you can provide clear instructions and specific requirements for the assignment. You can also ask for samples of previous work from the person providing the help or check their credentials. Additionally, you can review the completed assignment and ask for revisions if needed.