Mastering Physics and Calculus as an Older Student: Tips and Resources

• Thread starter cristinayb
  • Start date
In summary, mastering physics and calculus as an older student can be a challenging but rewarding experience. Some useful tips include setting realistic goals, developing a study plan, and seeking help from professors or tutors. Additionally, there are many online resources available, such as video tutorials and practice problems, to aid in understanding these complex subjects. Staying motivated and dedicated to learning can also greatly contribute to success in mastering physics and calculus as an older student.
cristinayb
I'm so glad this forum exists! I'm a 36 year old in college doing an online degree. High school was a LONG time ago so I I find myself needing a lot more help than my classmates. It's been tough especially with physics and calculus so I'm here hoping to find answers and maybe even some help. Wish me luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
A warm welcome to PF!

In order to help you start out here, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). In short, they have been described as a "wonder of the web". It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

Just post your question in the proper forum, and you'll surely get help. For homework questions, be sure to fill out the template.

Best of luck, not only for your examinations, but for your life ahead in acquiring knowledge!

With regards,
Wrichik.

Likes cristinayb
Thank you!

Likes Wrichik Basu
Back