Masters related to astronomy and engineering?

In summary: Thank you for your time.In summary, Abishek from India is planning on doing a MS in Astrophysics after doing his Engineering. He has two diplomas in Spectroscopy and Astrophysics and some certificates related to astronomy. He knows a little bit of Python and plans to go to the US for his MS. He needs some advice about which course he should take and the colleges which offer such courses.
Arceus74
Hello everyone,
My name is Abishek and I'm a mechanical engineer from India.
Astrophysics is my passion and everything I think about.But due to my background I thought It would be better to do a MS in Astrophysics after doing my Engineering,cause If I fail I could rely on my engineering degree. I see that people require lot of technos in Astronomy field right now and I'm planning to do a MS in engineering that is very very closely related to Astronomy,so that I could follow my passion and survive easier.I actually have 2 diplomas in Spectroscopy and Astrophysics and some certificates related to astronomy.I know a little bit of Python.Im planning to go to US for my MS in 2018
So finally I need some advice about which course I should take and the colleges which offer such courses.
Thank You.

It would be nice if someone could explain why the observational or computational astronomy like Optical Instrumentation is much suitable for me than pure science reffering to my current background.Also on the what Major should I take to pursue my passion on Astrophysics without leaving the engineering side(Majors in USA).

Replace "Optical Instrumentation" with "pizza", "baseball" or "the cute redhead next door". and you'll see why we struggle. We can't tell what you will like.

Vanadium 50 said:
Replace "Optical Instrumentation" with "pizza", "baseball" or "the cute redhead next door". and you'll see why we struggle. We can't tell what you will like.
The question was not about what I like(Which was Astrophysics ,which I mentioned earlier),It was about what Major I should pursue for a successful career.I didn't expect someone to map out the next 6 yrs of my education.I just needed some directions so that I could make decisions efficiently.

Related to Masters related to astronomy and engineering?

1. What is a Masters degree in astronomy and engineering?

A Masters degree in astronomy and engineering is an advanced graduate degree that combines the fields of astronomy and engineering. It typically involves coursework in both disciplines, as well as research and practical experience in topics such as astrophysics, instrumentation, and space technology.

2. What are the career opportunities with a Masters in astronomy and engineering?

Graduates with a Masters in astronomy and engineering have a wide range of career opportunities, including working in research and development for space agencies, aerospace companies, and observatories. They may also pursue careers in academia, teaching and conducting research in universities or colleges.

3. What skills will I develop during a Masters in astronomy and engineering program?

A Masters in astronomy and engineering program will develop skills in both astronomy and engineering, including data analysis, problem solving, critical thinking, and project management. You will also gain practical skills in using specialized software and equipment for astronomical research and engineering design.

4. What are the admission requirements for a Masters in astronomy and engineering program?

The admission requirements for a Masters in astronomy and engineering program may vary depending on the university, but typically include a bachelor's degree in a related field such as astronomy, physics, or engineering, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Some programs may also require GRE scores and a minimum GPA.

5. Can I specialize in a specific area within astronomy and engineering during my Masters program?

Yes, many Masters programs in astronomy and engineering offer the opportunity to specialize in a specific area, such as space instrumentation, astrophysics, or space mission design. This allows students to focus their studies and research on their specific interests and career goals within the field.