Mathematica - Positioning Graphics

In summary, it seems like adjusting the settings and exploring options in your plotting program may help you achieve the desired alignment and dynamic formatting for your inset graphics.
IHateMayonnaise
Hey there,

I am having a difficult time getting an inset graphic to align properly. Essentially I am trying to create two sets of plots, both have the radial function with some graphics inset at the top right corner. The first set has the density plots inset, and as can be seen in the first attachment I was able to do this dynamically (i.e. it works for any wavefn.).

In the second set, I am looking to inset the actual radial function equation for the given quantum numbers. As can be seen in the 2nd attachment,I am able to pin the center of them to the top right corner of my plot, but this isn't what I want. Like the first set of plots, I want the entire thing to be visible and correctly aligned with the top right hand corner of the plot, and I want it to do this dynamically. I can of course do this manually, but since I am going to create a graphics array with many different combination of quantum numbers, it is important that it is done dynamically.

Any ideas?? Thanks y'all

Attachments

• DensityOverlay.pdf
    32 KB · Views: 219
  • RadialInsetPlot.pdf
    26.6 KB · Views: 204
Physics news on Phys.org
!</code>It looks like you are using a plotting program to create your graphs. Have you tried adjusting the settings for the inset graphic? Most plotting programs have options for adjusting the placement and size of insets, so you should be able to get the alignment and sizing that you want. Additionally, some plotting programs also have options for automated formatting of plots with different parameters, so it may be worth looking into if you want to adjust the formatting of your plot for multiple quantum numbers.

FAQ: Mathematica - Positioning Graphics

1. What is the purpose of positioning graphics in Mathematica?

The purpose of positioning graphics in Mathematica is to control the placement and arrangement of visual elements, such as shapes, images, and text, within a plot or figure. This allows for customization and precise control over the appearance of the graph or plot.

2. How do I position graphics in Mathematica?

In Mathematica, there are several ways to position graphics, including using the Graphics and GraphicsRow functions, as well as the Inset and Overlay functions. These functions allow you to specify the coordinates, size, and alignment of the graphics within a plot or figure.

3. Can I combine multiple graphics and position them together in Mathematica?

Yes, you can use the GraphicsRow or GraphicsColumn functions to combine multiple graphics and position them together in Mathematica. You can also use the Overlay function to overlay multiple graphics on top of each other.

4. How do I adjust the size of graphics in Mathematica?

To adjust the size of graphics in Mathematica, you can use the ImageSize option or the ImageScaled function. These allow you to specify the size of the graphics in pixels or as a fraction of the overall plot size.

5. Can I position graphics in 3D space in Mathematica?

Yes, you can use the Graphics3D function to position graphics in 3D space in Mathematica. This allows you to create 3D plots and figures with precise control over the placement and arrangement of visual elements.