Mathematica6.0 - making a directed graph and using ShowGraph

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter jefges
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph
In summary, the conversation discusses creating and displaying directed graphs in Mathematica. The speaker is having trouble finding information on how to make a directed graph and asks for help. Another person suggests using the Graph function with the DirectedEdges option set to True. They also inquire about showing 3D directed graphs with coordinates, and someone suggests checking out resources on the Mathematica website.
jefges
hi!

I want make a directed graph and then show it with ShowGraph, but i can't find in help or on net how should I make it

Physics news on Phys.org
I have never done this, but using Graph with the DirectedEdges option set to True seems promising.

hi!

Does anybody know, is there a way to show 3d directed graphs, where vertices are given with coordinates? (mathematica6.0)
tnx for help

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Mathematica6.0 - making a directed graph and using ShowGraph

1. How do I make a directed graph in Mathematica 6.0?

To make a directed graph in Mathematica 6.0, you can use the built-in function Graph and specify the Directed option as True. For example, Graph[{1->2, 2->3}, DirectedEdges->True] will create a directed graph with two vertices and two directed edges.

2. Can I customize the appearance of my directed graph in Mathematica 6.0?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your directed graph using the VertexStyle and EdgeStyle options in the Graph function. These options allow you to change the color, size, and other properties of the vertices and edges in your graph.

3. How can I add labels to the vertices and edges in my directed graph?

You can add labels to the vertices and edges in your directed graph by using the VertexLabels and EdgeLabels options in the Graph function. These options allow you to specify the labels for each vertex and edge in your graph.

4. Is it possible to save my directed graph as an image in Mathematica 6.0?

Yes, you can save your directed graph as an image in Mathematica 6.0 by using the Export function. For example, Export["graph.png", Graph[{1->2, 2->3}, DirectedEdges->True]] will save your directed graph as a PNG image named "graph.png" in your current directory.

5. How can I combine multiple directed graphs into one using ShowGraph in Mathematica 6.0?

To combine multiple directed graphs into one using ShowGraph in Mathematica 6.0, you can use the Join function to merge the graphs together and then use ShowGraph to display the combined graph. For example, ShowGraph[Join[Graph[{1->2, 2->3}, DirectedEdges->True], Graph[{4->5, 5->6}, DirectedEdges->True]]] will display a single graph with two separate directed subgraphs.