Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz

In summary, if you're looking for a comprehensive series of graduate-level mathematics textbooks, you might want to consider the Springer series "Springer Graduate Texts in Mathematics." However, these books are unfortunately not comprehensive, as they do not cover some topics that are found in other series. Additionally, you might want to consider other series specifically designed for graduate-level mathematics, such as the "Lang Advanced Graduate Texts in Mathematics" series or the "Stein and Shakarchi Graduate Texts in Analysis" series.
Snow-Leopard
Can one tell me about the Mathematical Equivalent to Landau & Lifgarbagez. or any other set that deal with all Graduate Level Mathematics.

There is a Series by Springer, Springer Graduate Texts in Mathematics but they contains too many books. It would be great if they contain Max. 20 books. If any series exist then give me Link to Amazon.

If one Already completed his Graduate Studies in Mathematics (having main focus on Calculus & Analysis) then they also give List of all book they used.(the complete set)

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no such series today, except maybe Springer's GTM series...

Of course, if you are feeling machocistic, there's always Bourbaki...

You always have Lang's books. He has books on about everything of mathematics.

You might also check out Stein and Shakarchi's series. But that's on analysis only.

micromass said:
You always have Lang's books. He has books on about everything of mathematics.

You might also check out Stein and Shakarchi's series. But that's on analysis only.
Although, correct me if I'm wrong, lang is missing a proper book on set theory so if you want to complete your math education make sure to get a separate set theory text that deals with ZFC and the brilliance of Cantor in all its glory.

WannabeNewton said:
Although, correct me if I'm wrong, lang is missing a proper book on set theory so if you want to complete your math education make sure to get a separate set theory text that deals with ZFC and the brilliance of Cantor in all its glory.
Although, to be fair, it's not as if L&L is complete either.

How about this series,(topic-wise)
1.Algebra: All books by Serge Lang.
2.Calculus: All books by Spivak.
3.Analysis: All books by Stein and Shakarchi.

If any topics in Graduate course not in that then I go to Library. I want to do Mathematics just for Physics.

Snow-Leopard said:
How about this series,(topic-wise)
1.Algebra: All books by Serge Lang.
2.Calculus: All books by Spivak.
3.Analysis: All books by Stein and Shakarchi.

If any topics in Graduate course not in that then I go to Library. I want to do Mathematics just for Physics.

If you want to mathematics just for physics, then you really don't need to read those books. Those books are pure mathematics and don't really care for physics very much.

Just get some methods book and work through that. On the other hand, if you're into very theoretical physics or mathematical physics, then pure math books are useful. But only do it if it interests you.

thank you micromass, I mean after completing my Undergradute, I go Physics Graduate Course but not taking Maths its just be a side subject (which I prepare through self-study)

If you want math for theoretical physics, then you should study differential topology and modern differential geometry.

If you want to get into stuff like modern field theories etc., then fiber bundles, geometric topology, algebraic topology and quantum algebra should also be interesting.

Smirnov, a course of higher mathematics

Related to Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz

1. What is "Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz"?

Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz is a mathematical framework used to describe the fundamental laws of physics. It was developed by the Soviet physicists Lev Landau and Evgeny Lifshitz in their renowned textbook series "Course of Theoretical Physics".

2. How does "Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz" differ from other mathematical frameworks in physics?

Unlike other frameworks, "Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz" is based on the principles of classical mechanics and special relativity. It also incorporates concepts from quantum mechanics and statistical mechanics, making it a more comprehensive and unified mathematical framework for physics.

3. What are some key principles of "Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz"?

Some key principles include the use of tensor calculus, variational calculus, and Hamiltonian mechanics to describe physical systems. It also emphasizes the importance of symmetries and conservation laws in understanding the behavior of physical systems.

4. How is "Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz" used in practical applications?

"Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz" is used extensively in theoretical physics research, particularly in fields such as condensed matter physics, particle physics, and astrophysics. It provides a powerful mathematical framework for understanding and predicting the behavior of complex physical systems.

5. Is "Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz" still relevant in modern physics?

Yes, "Mathematics Equivalent to Landau & Lifshitz" is still widely used and relevant in modern physics research. Its principles and mathematical techniques have been adapted and expanded upon in various areas of physics, and it continues to be a fundamental tool for understanding the laws of nature.