Maths Help for IIT JEE: Clear Topics & Proper Preparation

• Thread starter Shivam123
  • Start date
In summary, before starting your JEE mathematics preparation, it is important to have a strong understanding of core topics such as Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry, and Geometry, as well as potentially delving into specific sub-topics depending on your strengths and interests.
Shivam123
I know the mathematics portion laid down by JEE but i strongly feel and people around me have also said that only those topics are not sufficient..

I started doing HALL AND KNIGHT higher algebra and problems in mathematics by GOVOROV but most of the topics given their may not be of much use to me at this level.They are way beyond IIT syllabus.

I am stuck and really confused here..Anybody here who can just tell me before "properly" starting maths preparation for JEE which i will start after 6 months;what all topics in maths should i be clear with(one for ex is transformation of equations)...

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no single answer to this question, as the topics you should cover depend heavily on your current level of understanding and the amount of time you have available. However, some topics that should definitely be covered include Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry, Geometry, Vectors, and Probability & Statistics. Additionally, depending on your skills and interests, you may want to focus on particular sub-topics such as Differential Equations or Number Theory.

Related to Maths Help for IIT JEE: Clear Topics & Proper Preparation

1. What is the IIT JEE exam and why is it important?

The IIT JEE (Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination) is an entrance exam for admission to undergraduate courses in engineering and technology at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). It is considered one of the most competitive and prestigious exams in India, as it opens up opportunities for students to study at the top engineering institutes in the country.

2. How can I prepare for the Maths section of the IIT JEE exam?

To prepare for the Maths section of the IIT JEE exam, it is important to have a clear understanding of the basic concepts and formulas. Practice regularly with a variety of problems, and focus on understanding the logic and approach behind solving them. It is also beneficial to solve previous years' question papers and attend mock tests to get familiar with the exam pattern.

3. What are some important topics to focus on for Maths in the IIT JEE exam?

Some of the important topics to focus on for Maths in the IIT JEE exam include calculus, algebra, trigonometry, coordinate geometry, and vectors. It is also important to have a good understanding of the fundamentals of these topics, as they often form the basis for more complex problems.

4. How can I clear my doubts and get additional help for Maths for the IIT JEE exam?

There are various resources available for clearing doubts and getting additional help for Maths for the IIT JEE exam. You can attend coaching classes, join study groups, or seek help from experienced tutors. You can also use online resources such as video tutorials, practice problems, and forums to get your doubts clarified.

5. What are some tips for time management during the Maths section of the IIT JEE exam?

Time management is crucial during the IIT JEE exam, as the Maths section can be time-consuming. It is important to allocate time for each question based on its difficulty level and to not get stuck on a single problem. It is also helpful to practice solving problems quickly and accurately, and to regularly monitor your progress through timed practice tests.