MATLAB: 100 element vector between A and B

In summary, MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used for numerical computation, visualization, and programming in scientific and engineering fields. To create a vector with 100 elements between two values, you can use the "linspace" function. Accessing elements in a vector is done through index values, and mathematical operations can be performed using built-in functions and operators. To plot a vector, the "plot" function can be used with the x and y values to create a line plot.
TheFerruccio
Is there a quick way to define a vector with 100 elements going between two different values?

I know of just using division and using that as a step size, but it would be nice if there was something quicker.

Physics news on Phys.org
Code:
help linspace

Thank you very much for the help! That is exactly what I am looking for.

FAQ: MATLAB: 100 element vector between A and B

1. What is MATLAB?

MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. It is commonly used in scientific and engineering fields for data analysis, simulation, and data visualization.

2. How can I create a 100 element vector between two values in MATLAB?

To create a 100 element vector between two values, you can use the "linspace" function in MATLAB. It takes in three arguments: the starting value, the ending value, and the number of elements you want in the vector. For example, to create a vector between 0 and 10 with 100 elements, you can use the command "linspace(0,10,100)".

3. How do I access the elements of a vector in MATLAB?

You can access the elements of a vector in MATLAB by using their index values. The first element in a vector has an index of 1, the second element has an index of 2, and so on. You can also use the colon operator to access a range of elements in a vector. For example, if you have a vector called "myVector", you can access the first element using "myVector(1)" and access the first five elements using "myVector(1:5)".

4. Can I perform mathematical operations on vectors in MATLAB?

Yes, MATLAB is designed for numerical computation and has built-in functions for performing mathematical operations on vectors. You can use operators such as addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) to perform arithmetic operations on vectors. You can also use functions like "sum", "mean", and "std" to perform more complex operations on vectors.

5. How can I plot a vector in MATLAB?

To plot a vector in MATLAB, you can use the "plot" function. This function takes in two arguments: the x-values and the y-values to be plotted. If you have a vector called "myVector" with 100 elements, you can plot it using the command "plot(myVector)". This will create a line plot with the index values of the vector on the x-axis and the corresponding values on the y-axis.