Matlab Bode Plot Tutorial: Combining Two Plots

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter nb89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, Matlab is a programming language and interactive environment commonly used for scientific and engineering applications. Data can be input into Matlab using various methods and plotted using the "plot" function. To save work, the "save" and "saveas" commands can be used. Resources for learning and using Matlab include official documentation, online tutorials, and the "help" function within Matlab.
nb89
Im trying to plot two bode plots on one graph. Can anyone help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Plot one of the bode plots. Then type

Code:
hold on

to instruct any further plots to draw in the same figure. Finally, plot your other Bode plot.

shoehorn said:
Plot one of the bode plots. Then type

Code:
hold on

to instruct any further plots to draw in the same figure. Finally, plot your other Bode plot.

thank you!

Don't forget to turn hold off.

Sure, I would be happy to help you with plotting two bode plots on one graph using Matlab. First, make sure to have the Control System Toolbox installed in your Matlab environment. Then, follow these steps:

1. Define your two transfer functions, let's call them G1 and G2. You can either enter them manually or use the "tf" command to create them from numerator and denominator coefficients.

2. Use the "bode" command to generate the bode plots for G1 and G2 separately. This will create two figures, one for each plot.

3. To combine the two plots, use the "hold on" command before plotting the second bode plot. This will prevent the first plot from being overwritten.

4. You can also use the "legend" command to label each plot accordingly. For example, "legend('G1', 'G2')" will label the first plot as G1 and the second plot as G2.

5. Finally, use the "grid on" command to add a grid to the plot for better visualization.

I hope this helps with your bode plot tutorial and you are able to successfully combine the two plots on one graph using Matlab. If you encounter any further issues, please don't hesitate to reach out for assistance. Happy plotting!

Related to Matlab Bode Plot Tutorial: Combining Two Plots

1. What is Matlab and what is it used for?

Matlab is a programming language and interactive environment commonly used for scientific and engineering applications, such as data analysis, visualization, and mathematical calculations.

2. How do I input data into Matlab?

Data can be input into Matlab using various methods, such as typing it directly into the command window, importing a file, or using the built-in functions for generating data.

3. How do I plot data in Matlab?

To plot data in Matlab, you can use the "plot" function, which takes in the x and y values as inputs and creates a graph. There are also many other plot types and formatting options available.

4. How do I save my work in Matlab?

To save your work in Matlab, you can use the "save" command, which allows you to specify the file name and location where you want to save your data. You can also use the "saveas" command to save figures or plots.

5. How do I find help or resources for using Matlab?

There are many resources available for learning and using Matlab, such as official documentation, online tutorials, and forums. You can also use the "help" function in Matlab to get information about specific commands or functions.