Matlab code for transient 2 D thermal problem

In summary, the person is looking for MATLAB coding to solve a transient 2D thermal problem. They have provided boundary conditions and governing equations, but are not showing any work done. The responder suggests asking for help in the appropriate subject and mentions that they do not provide code, but rather help.
semeer.s
hi
i want MATLAB coding for transient 2D Thermal problem
pls help

Physics news on Phys.org
semeer.s said:
hi
i want MATLAB coding for transient 2D Thermal problem
pls help

We don't do the work for you. What have you done? Do you know what equation and boundary conditions to solve for?

You need to show some work before you get help.

hi thanks for ur reply
here i am attaching the boundary conditions
and governing equations...

Attachments

• I have a project in a heat transfer class and I am supposed to use Matlab to solve for this.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 356
I moved this to programming.

You did not ask for help in the physics so it does not belong in physics.
you did not ask for help with the math, so it does not belong in math.
you asked for code. that is programming.

I think you need math help and are asking the wrong place. go have a chat with your prof. We do not do homework for you, we help. Asking for code is not what we provide.

Related to Matlab code for transient 2 D thermal problem

1. What is Matlab code used for in a transient 2D thermal problem?

Matlab code is used to simulate and solve complex thermal problems in two dimensions. It allows for the analysis of heat transfer, temperature distribution, and other thermal properties over time.

2. How does the Matlab code work for a transient 2D thermal problem?

The Matlab code uses numerical methods to discretize the problem into smaller, solvable equations. It then iteratively solves these equations to determine the temperature distribution at each time step.

3. Can the Matlab code handle different boundary conditions in a transient 2D thermal problem?

Yes, the Matlab code can handle various boundary conditions such as constant temperature, heat flux, and convection. These conditions can be defined at different boundaries of the thermal system.

4. Is prior knowledge of Matlab necessary to use the code for a transient 2D thermal problem?

While prior knowledge of Matlab can be helpful, it is not necessary. The code can be used with basic understanding of the software and some knowledge of thermal concepts.

5. Are there any limitations to using Matlab code for a transient 2D thermal problem?

One limitation is that the accuracy of the results depends on the size of the time steps used in the simulation. Using smaller time steps can increase accuracy but also increase computation time. Additionally, the code may not be suitable for extremely complex thermal problems with non-linear behavior.