Matlab - finding the transpose of a matrix

In summary, to find the transpose of a matrix in Matlab, use the apostrophe symbol (') after the matrix name or use the transpose() function. This works for both square and non-square matrices. There is no difference between using the apostrophe symbol or transpose() function. To check if your matrix is in the correct format for finding the transpose, use the size() function to check the dimensions. And finally, you can find the transpose of a matrix with complex numbers in Matlab, as it will simply switch the rows and columns of the complex numbers in the matrix.
sara_87
if i have a matrix A, and i want to find it's transpose on MATLAB i.e. i want to find A^T but how do i do that on matlab...what command do i type in?

Physics news on Phys.org
A'

- Warren

is that it?
thanx v much

Related to Matlab - finding the transpose of a matrix

1. How do I find the transpose of a matrix in Matlab?

To find the transpose of a matrix in Matlab, use the apostrophe symbol (') after the matrix name or use the transpose() function. For example, if your matrix is called A, you can find the transpose by typing A' or transpose(A).

2. Can I find the transpose of a non-square matrix in Matlab?

Yes, Matlab allows you to find the transpose of a non-square matrix. The resulting transpose will have the number of rows and columns switched.

3. Is there a difference between finding the transpose using the apostrophe symbol and the transpose() function?

No, both methods will result in the same transpose matrix. It is a matter of personal preference which method you use.

4. How can I check if my matrix is in the correct format for finding the transpose?

In Matlab, you can use the size() function to check the dimensions of your matrix. The transpose of a matrix will have the number of rows and columns switched, so your original matrix should have the same number of rows and columns as the transpose.

5. Can I find the transpose of a matrix with complex numbers in Matlab?

Yes, Matlab allows you to find the transpose of a matrix with complex numbers. The transpose will simply switch the rows and columns of the complex numbers in the matrix.