Matlab ilaplace command questions

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter bassplayer142
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, the user is experiencing an issue with the ilaplace command in MATLAB, which results in the dirac delta function being outputted instead of the expected exponential function. The user has checked the command in the MATLAB help file and it still produces the same result. They suspect it may be due to a formatting issue. Upon further discussion, it is discovered that the issue was caused by a typing error.
bassplayer142
I am using the ilaplace command from MATLAB and it keeps spitting out the dirac delta function. I typed the exact command in the MATLAB help section and it still gives me this. for example I type in this...

ilaplace(1/(s-1))

and I get this...

1 - dirac(t)

below is a copy of MATLAB help file that has this exact command with the result I'm after.

Examples:
syms s t w x y
ilaplace(1/(s-1)) returns exp(t)

Any help would be great. I'm thinking it is some format command or something beforehand.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think you must have mistakenly typed it as >> ilaplace(1/s-1)
Thats why you got 1 - dirac(t).

matematikawan said:
I think you must have mistakenly typed it as >> ilaplace(1/s-1)
Thats why you got 1 - dirac(t).

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Sorry for the much delayed response.

EDIT: AHH I see what your saying now with the parentases!

FAQ: Matlab ilaplace command questions

What is the syntax for using the "ilaplace" command in Matlab?

The syntax for using the "ilaplace" command in Matlab is: ilaplace(F)

What does the "ilaplace" command do in Matlab?

The "ilaplace" command in Matlab is used to find the inverse Laplace transform of a given function.

Can the "ilaplace" command be used for symbolic calculations in Matlab?

Yes, the "ilaplace" command can be used for symbolic calculations in Matlab by using the "syms" function to define symbolic variables.

Are there any limitations to using the "ilaplace" command in Matlab?

Yes, the "ilaplace" command may not be able to find the inverse Laplace transform for certain complex functions or functions with discontinuities.

How can I plot the inverse Laplace transform of a function using the "ilaplace" command in Matlab?

To plot the inverse Laplace transform of a function using the "ilaplace" command in Matlab, you can use the "ezplot" function to plot the result of the "ilaplace" command.