Matlab - simple plot where 0<x<5

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter Elemc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab Plot
In summary, Matlab is a programming language and interactive environment commonly used in scientific and engineering applications. It allows for data analysis, visualization, and manipulation. A simple plot in Matlab is a way to visually represent data by creating a graph with two axes, one for the independent variable (x-axis) and one for the dependent variable (y-axis). To create a simple plot in Matlab, you first need to define the data points by creating two arrays, one for the x-values and one for the y-values. Then, use the "plot" command and specify the x and y arrays as the inputs. The range for the x-values in a simple plot can be specified by using the "xlim" command. In the case of the plot where
Elemc
Hi

This has got to be easy but I can't find the answer anywhere. How can I use 'plot' where the x-axis does not include the end points 0 or 5? All the examples I see are things like x=[0:0.1:5].

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Matlab - simple plot where 0<x<5

What is Matlab?

Matlab is a programming language and interactive environment commonly used in scientific and engineering applications. It allows for data analysis, visualization, and manipulation.

What is a simple plot in Matlab?

A simple plot in Matlab is a way to visually represent data by creating a graph with two axes, one for the independent variable (x-axis) and one for the dependent variable (y-axis).

How do I create a simple plot in Matlab?

To create a simple plot in Matlab, you first need to define the data points by creating two arrays, one for the x-values and one for the y-values. Then, use the "plot" command and specify the x and y arrays as the inputs. Finally, use the "xlabel" and "ylabel" commands to label the axes and the "title" command to add a title to the plot.

What is the range for the x-values in a simple plot?

The range for the x-values in a simple plot can be specified by using the "xlim" command. In the case of the plot where 0

Can I customize the appearance of the simple plot?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the simple plot by using various commands such as "plot", "xlabel", "ylabel", "title", "xlim", and "ylim". You can also change the color, style, and markers of the plot by specifying additional parameters in the "plot" command. Additionally, you can add a legend, gridlines, and other annotations to enhance the plot.