Matlab Simulink Simulation very slow

In summary, Matlab Simulink Simulation is a widely used tool for simulating and analyzing dynamic systems in engineering and science. It may run slow due to complexity, solver settings, or hardware limitations, but can be improved by simplifying the model, optimizing the solver settings, or using a better computer. It is possible to parallelize the simulation using the Parallel Computing Toolbox. Other alternatives to Matlab Simulink include Scilab, LabVIEW, and Dymola, but Matlab Simulink remains popular due to its extensive features and compatibility with other Matlab toolboxes.
I_am_learning
I tried to solve a simple transmision line circuit using MATLAB simpower system
too_slow.JPG

In this image, Ac source is 132 kv. I want to read rms value at the load.
But unfortunately, the simulation is running very slow, and it is taking forever to even comple the one ac cycle.

Any help please.

Physics news on Phys.org
in command-line MATLAB, you can use profiler. Not sure if it works for simulink but you may give it at try. At command line:

>> profile on

(now run your program for a couple minutes, then cancel it and:)

>> profile off
>> profiel viewer

FAQ: Matlab Simulink Simulation very slow

What is Matlab Simulink Simulation and why is it used?

Matlab Simulink Simulation is a tool used for analyzing and simulating dynamic systems. It is commonly used in the field of engineering and science to model and simulate complex systems and processes.

Why is my Matlab Simulink Simulation running very slow?

There could be several reasons for a slow simulation in Matlab Simulink. One possible reason is that the model is too complex and requires more computational power. Another reason could be that the solver settings are not optimized for the model. It could also be due to the computer's hardware limitations.

How can I improve the speed of my Matlab Simulink Simulation?

To improve the speed of your simulation, you can try simplifying the model by reducing the number of blocks or using more efficient block options. You can also adjust the solver settings to optimize the simulation. Additionally, using a computer with better hardware specifications can significantly improve the simulation speed.

Is there a way to parallelize my Matlab Simulink Simulation?

Yes, it is possible to parallelize your simulation in Matlab Simulink. This can be done by using the Parallel Computing Toolbox, which allows you to distribute the simulation across multiple cores or processors, thereby improving the speed of the simulation.

Are there any other alternatives to Matlab Simulink Simulation?

Yes, there are other tools and software available for system simulation, such as Simulink's open-source alternative, Scilab, and commercial software like LabVIEW and Dymola. However, Matlab Simulink remains a popular choice due to its wide range of features and compatibility with other Matlab toolboxes.