Maximal Existence Interval for DE with Continuous Derivative

In summary, for a DE with the form x' = f(x) defined on the interval (c,b) where f has a continuous derivative on its domain, if f(p) = f(q) = 0 and x(t) is between p and q, then the maximal interval of existence for x is (-∞, ∞). This can be proven by showing that in the interval between p and q, f(x) is greater than 0 and has no other zeros outside of this interval. This means that x=p is a repulsive fixed point and x=q is an attractive fixed point, causing all solutions with initial condition x(t0)=x0, p<x0<q to converge to q. As f(x
onie mti
I am given that a DE with the form x' = f(x) is defined on the interval (c,b) where f has continuous derivative on its domain
How do i show that if f(p) = f(q) = 0 and x(t) is between p and q then the maximal interval of existence of x is (-∞, ∞)

Physics news on Phys.org
onie mti said:
I am given that a DE with the form x' = f(x) is defined on the interval (c,b) where f has continuous derivative on its domain
How do i show that if f(p) = f(q) = 0 and x(t) is between p and q then the maximal interval of existence of x is (-∞, ∞)

Lets suppose that in p < x < q is f(x)>0 and no other zero of f(x) exists outside this interval. In thi case x=p is a repulsive fixed point, i.e. all the solution of the DE with the only exception of the constant solution x=p will diverge from p, and x=q is an attractive fixed point, i.e. all the solution of the DE with the only exception of the constant solution x=p will converge to q. That means that any solution of the DE with initial condition $x(t_{0})= x_{0},\ p < x_{0} < q$ will converge to q. Furthemore f(x) is function of the x alone, so that a if x(t) is solution of the DE, then $x(t + \tau),\ \tau \in \mathbb{R}$ is also solution of the DE. All that is sufficient to prove the hypothesis...

Kind regards

$\chi$ $\sigma$

FAQ: Maximal Existence Interval for DE with Continuous Derivative

1. What is maximal internal existence?

Maximal internal existence refers to the idea that an object or entity has the highest level of existence possible within its own internal structure.

2. How is maximal internal existence measured?

Maximal internal existence is not a quantifiable measurement, but rather a concept used to describe the level of completeness or perfection in an object's internal structure.

3. Can maximal internal existence be achieved?

This is a philosophical question and there is no definitive answer. Some argue that it is possible to achieve maximal internal existence through self-actualization and self-awareness, while others believe it is an unattainable ideal.

4. Is maximal internal existence related to consciousness?

There is a connection between maximal internal existence and consciousness, as both concepts involve a deep understanding and awareness of one's internal state and being.

5. How does maximal internal existence impact scientific research?

Maximal internal existence can be a useful concept in scientific research, as it can help scientists better understand the complexity and completeness of natural phenomena, and guide them in their pursuit of knowledge and understanding.