Maximizing Integration Expansion | Homework Solution

In summary, the student is struggling with a question involving integration and is seeking help on how to proceed. They have tried several methods, but have not been successful in simplifying the equation. A hint is given to try a different integration by parts, as the current one used does not work. The student is also advised to rewrite the equation in a different form and try integration by parts again.
yecko
Gold Member

Homework Statement

d6adf6b4297ef9c8c20c3e58ec66535d.png

https://holland.pk/uptow/i4/d6adf6b4297ef9c8c20c3e58ec66535d.png

Homework Equations

integration

The Attempt at a Solution

36ea9fcf0a17f1ea8137f0140c881289.jpg
[/B]
https://holland.pk/uptow/i4/36ea9fcf0a17f1ea8137f0140c881289.jpg

I have got stuck at this step...
And have no idea on how to go on to the form suggested in the question.
Can anyone tell me how to do this question?
Thank you very much!

Physics news on Phys.org
yecko said:

Homework Statement

View attachment 203672
https://holland.pk/uptow/i4/d6adf6b4297ef9c8c20c3e58ec66535d.png

Homework Equations

integration

The Attempt at a Solution

View attachment 203673 [/B]
https://holland.pk/uptow/i4/36ea9fcf0a17f1ea8137f0140c881289.jpg

I have got stuck at this step...
And have no idea on how to go on to the form suggested in the question.
Can anyone tell me how to do this question?
Thank you very much!

PF rules forbid us from telling you how to do the question; we can offer hints only. My hint is: try a different integration by parts, because the one you used does not work.

Indeed I have tried x-3, sqrt(x-3), x^n
All of the mentioned just do not help me in simplifying the equation, things just get more complicated...
That's the reason I believe I have done the wrong thing in the calculation...

You can not integrate (u2-3)n as you did. Write it as (u2-3)n-1*u * u and try integration by parts.

Related to Maximizing Integration Expansion | Homework Solution

What is integration expansion?

Integration expansion refers to the process of combining or merging different parts or components into a larger whole. In the scientific context, integration expansion typically involves integrating various pieces of data or information to gain a more comprehensive understanding of a particular phenomenon or system.

Why is integration expansion important in scientific research?

Integration expansion allows scientists to synthesize and analyze data from multiple sources, providing a more complete and accurate picture of a complex topic. It also promotes collaboration and interdisciplinary approaches, leading to more innovative and impactful research.

What are some examples of integration expansion in scientific research?

Integration expansion can take many forms, such as combining data from different experiments, integrating various theoretical frameworks, or merging different types of data (e.g. qualitative and quantitative). For example, in climate research, scientists may integrate data from weather stations, satellite imagery, and ice core samples to better understand patterns and trends in global temperatures.

What challenges are associated with integration expansion?

One of the main challenges of integration expansion is ensuring the compatibility and reliability of the data being integrated. This requires careful consideration of the methods and techniques used to collect and analyze the data. Additionally, the process of integrating different data sets can be time-consuming and requires a high level of expertise.

How can scientists overcome challenges related to integration expansion?

To overcome challenges in integration expansion, scientists can establish clear guidelines and protocols for data collection and analysis, as well as collaborate with experts in different fields to ensure the accuracy and validity of the integrated data. They can also use advanced technology and software tools to facilitate the integration process and identify any discrepancies or inconsistencies in the data.