Merging matrix into a table - Matlab question

In summary, the conversation discusses the merging of a variable consisting of a 1x5 structure with a 1x5 matrix as a separate variable. The desired outcome is to have the values of the matrix placed in each cell of the Node variable. The individual has successfully achieved this task.
nb89
I have a variable called 'Node' which has a 1x5 structure and each of the 5 cells is made up of other variables.
I now have a 1x5 matrix as a completely separate variable. I am trying to merge the two together, so that in cell 1 of the Node variable, i have the 1x1 value of the matrix, in cell 2 of the Node variable i have the 1x2 value of the matrix and so on.

At the moment all i can manage to do is get the whole matrix in each of the cells of the Node variable.

Hopefully i have made sense!

Thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Actually don't worry, I've done it now :D

Related to Merging matrix into a table - Matlab question

What is the purpose of merging a matrix into a table?

Merging a matrix into a table is a common task in Matlab that allows for easier data manipulation and organization. It converts a matrix, which is a two-dimensional array of numbers, into a table, which is a data structure that can hold heterogeneous data types and is more convenient for data analysis and visualization.

How do you merge a matrix into a table in Matlab?

The easiest way to merge a matrix into a table in Matlab is by using the built-in function "array2table". This function takes in a matrix as its input and returns a table with the same data. You can also use the "table" function to create an empty table and then populate it with your matrix data.

What happens to the matrix data when it is merged into a table?

When a matrix is merged into a table, it becomes the underlying data in the table. This means that any changes made to the table will also affect the original matrix. Similarly, any changes made to the original matrix will be reflected in the table as well.

Can you merge multiple matrices into one table?

Yes, you can merge multiple matrices into one table by using the "cat" function. This function allows you to concatenate matrices along a specified dimension, which can be used to combine multiple matrices into one before merging them into a table using the "array2table" function.

How do you convert a table back into a matrix in Matlab?

To convert a table back into a matrix, you can use the "table2array" function. This function takes in a table as its input and returns a matrix with the same data. You can also select specific columns or rows from the table and use the "array" function to convert them into a matrix.