MIT International transfer experience

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulties the speaker is facing with the transfer process for universities, particularly for MIT. They are seeking advice from someone with experience as an international transfer student, specifically for MIT. They have questions about the steps and explanations for the financial aid application process, as well as advice and personal experiences from someone who has gone through the process themselves. However, it is mentioned that the chances of finding someone with this specific background may be slim and the speaker may have missed important deadlines for the current admission cycle.
Frigorifico
Some time ago I made a thread about advice going to MIT. Now I am seeing how does the transfer process work in several universities, but I have find that it is a labyrinth.
Each university site tells me to register many things, for example to do the SAT test, and then to PROFILE, which apparently seems to be useful to apply for scholarships, but then I discovered that they are the same thing, but when I enter the college board site I don't find the PROFILE section if there is any, and I have to "designate MIT as a recipient" in the information i sent, but I don't know where, nor how.

In short I want someone who has experience being an international transfer student, specially to MIT, to answer this questions:

1.-Is there a place where I can find good explanations for each step?. MIT site has good explanations for the academic applying, but not for the financial aid applying
2.-Can you please tell me how was the process with you, as detailed as you want? (there is not too much detailed). Obviously if you did it 20+ years ago is still useful but I prefer more recent experiences
3.-All the advices you have, thing you did right, things you could have done better
4.-Who answered your questions?

Thanks a lot.

Physics news on Phys.org
You should reread that last thread of yours. If MIT admits an average of 15.9 transfer students per year (average of the last 9 years) and 9.89% international students, you are talking 1.6 per year. There are more Nobel prizes than that - even in a single discipline. It's highly unlikely that you will find someone with this exact background here.

Also, you need to look at the deadlines. You've missed both the admissions and financial aid deadlines for Fall 2014 admission.

Related to MIT International transfer experience

What is the MIT International transfer experience?

The MIT International transfer experience is a program designed for international students who wish to transfer to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States. It provides support and resources for students to successfully transition to and thrive in a new academic and cultural environment.

What are the eligibility requirements for the MIT International transfer experience?

To be eligible for the program, students must be non-US citizens who have completed at least one year of full-time study at a recognized international institution. They must also have strong academic records and proficiency in English, as demonstrated through standardized test scores.

What resources and support are provided through the MIT International transfer experience?

The program offers a range of resources and support, including academic advising, cultural and social events, housing assistance, and workshops on topics such as navigating the US education system and career planning. Students also have access to a dedicated support team for any questions or concerns they may have.

How does the MIT International transfer experience benefit students?

Participating in the program can help students acclimate to a new academic and cultural environment, build a support network, and receive personalized guidance and resources to help them succeed at MIT. It also provides opportunities for students to connect with other international students and learn from their experiences.

Are there any additional costs or fees associated with the MIT International transfer experience?

No, there are no additional costs or fees for participating in the program. However, students are responsible for their own tuition and living expenses at MIT, as well as any costs associated with obtaining a student visa and required health insurance.